Chapter 26 - VISIT

As salamu alaykum! (Watch the video in the media section! Trust me!)

I apologise for the long wait!!! But here is the chapter! :) I hope you enjoy.

:::::

"Why do you feel so nervous?" Waleed asked me as he lay down on my bed, his arms joined behind his head and his legs extended in front of him.

"I have no idea." I said, my jittery fingers struggling to tie my hair into a proper bun. This was probably my third attempt now.

"You're acting as if it's the first time you're seeing him or something." He said sounding bored as he sat up cross legged and took his phone out of his pocket after his message tone was heard.

"I know." I exhaled, shaking my head before re-tying my bun yet again. "Whatever let's just go and see what happens." I said, finally managing to perfect my bun before throwing the dry rose coloured hijab around my neck to tie it.

After tying it how I pleased, I wore the long summer jacket I had bought the day before with Havva

After tying it how I pleased, I wore the long summer jacket I had bought the day before with Havva. I took a bag that matched my outfit, sliding the strap over my shoulder before looking at Waleed's smiling face as he stared down at his phone. I raised a brow, but chose not to say anything.

We were running late anyway.

"Waleed, come on." I said, taking my phone off the dresser before walking to the door, my brother following behind me. We walked downstairs and I saw Hassan playing with his Legos...in his pyjamas. "Mama," I groaned. "The times 6:45 already! Hassan's not even ready!"

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I still need to get the cake out of the oven. You can dress him if that isn't too much to ask for, thank you." She said with a frown as she rushed to the kitchen.

I nodded. "C'mon, baby. We need to get you dressed!" I said, taking his hand and dragging him up despite his protests as I pulled him up the stairs. "No!" He yelled. "Help!"

"Hassan, we're going to Amir's house! Remember, Amir?"

"I don't want to!" He complained as he kept trying to pull his hand out of my grasp as I asked him why not with narrowed eyes.

"I want to play with my Legos!" He whined. "Help me!"

"Hassan!" I said with a grin. When did he learn to scream help for something like this?

"How about we take the Legos there? I'm sure Amir will play with you." I said and his eyes lit up with excitement as he finally ran up the stairs along with me instead of being dragged.

He sat on his bed, squirming in his seat impatiently as I looked through his clothes to pick out an outfit.

I took out a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt with a blue denim looking cotton shirt. I got him dressed fairly quickly before putting on his socks and taking a woollen cardigan in my hand just incase.