Chapter 11 - FIGHT

Edited.

x HIRA x

"What!? And you forgave him? Just like that?!" Hawwa said, looking at me with wide eyes as we walked towards the toilets during recess.

"Yeah, I mean there's no point of dragging it on." I shrugged. "Honestly, I rather just have it all put behind me. I can't be arsed dealing with it anymore." I scoffed.

"You're an idiot. You don't just forgive something like that. You're supposed to make them suffer and beg for your forgiveness." She groaned, seeming genuinely frustrated with me over the fact that I had forgiven Amir so quickly.

I gave her an appalled look. "Astaghfirullah, Hawwa. If Allah forgives even the greatest sinners once they feel remorse and pray to Him, asking for His forgiveness, then who the hell am I not to forgive Amir for such a petty thing?"

She groaned and stomped her feet, pushing the toilet door open with two hands. "Fine." She muttered. "You're right, whatever. JazakAllahu khayr for your words of wisdom." She mumbled, before turning and smirking at me. "But you can't lie and tell me that shaytaan isn't somewhere in there just begging to make him suffer." She smiled at me.

"Exactly. Shaytaan!" I shoved her with a laugh, making her laugh along with me. "Hurry the hell up, I don't have all day." I said, leaning against the wall outside the girls bathroom as she nodded and walked in. I hated going into the actual bathrooms if I didn't have to.

Not even half a minute after I began waiting for Hawwa, I saw Jacob. He was walking towards me, staring straight into my eyes with narrowed dark ones.

Ya Allah, please not now.

Unfortunately, unfortunate Hira didn't have the luxury of escaping the negativity that came her way and he eventually stopped right in front of me, his towering figure making my heart race, though I didn't make it obvious.

"What the hell do you want, Jacob?" I muttered.

He took a step closer and my body tensed in reflex.

"Alright, step back. You need to stay away from me." I said, narrowing my eyes as I looked at him.

"Why? Are you going to blow me up if I don't?" He asked, coming yet another step closer.

I rolled my eyes, hoping that Hawwa would finish her toilet business sooner rather than later. "I think that joke is about ten years too old, Jacob." I said to him, crossing my arms over my chest, trying to add some distance between his body and mine, causing a barrier with my arms.

"Oh, you think you're so smart, don't you?" He scoffed. "Better put that small brain of yours to good use before you get forced to marry a man 40 years older than you." He smirked, clearly thinking that he hit some sort of nerve.

"Well, as long as he isn't anything like you, I'm good." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

As soon as the words escaped my mouth, his eyes darkened and I swallowed.

Great. Now look at what you've done, Hira.

He leaned forward, threatening me while I pushed myself further into the wall, his nose only inches from mine as my breathing turned ragged.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Allah, send me a way out of this mess, please, ya Rabb!

Just as he was pushed himself to come literally nose to nose with me, he was violently pushed away, his body slamming to the ground as he grunted in pain.

Oh my god.

I gasped from shock of the unexpected event and my eyes widened as I noticed Amir standing over Jacob.

Amir's feet were on either side of Jacob as he grasped his collar tightly and then pulled back one of his fists, bringing it down until it collided against Jacob's nose. He did this again and again and again, and it was only when I realised that Jacob's face was covered in blood that I finally snapped out of my shock and approached them, holding Amir's arm in desperation.

"Amir! Stop! What are you doing!? Stop it, you're going to kill him!" I yelled, not knowing what else to say. Could a man even die from this!? His face was definitely bloodied all over and I was sure I heard at least one crack.

Amir finally stopped, seething as he spoke through his teeth. "If I ever see you anywhere near her again, I'll kill you. Do you understand!?" Amir yelled as my body shook in shock and fright.

What on earth was he doing, Ya Allah!? He was going to get himself expelled at this rate.

"I said do you understand!?" He shouted again after Jacob didn't respond, this time causing for Jacob to nod meekly, his face swollen and his eyes struggling to even stay open.

"Fucking dickhead." Amir muttered as he dropped Jacob's collar, his head hitting the ground as he grunted and rolled in pain, clutching his nose.

Amir walked to me slowly, his usually bright blue eyes now multiple shades darker. "Are you okay?" He asked me, nothing but concern now etched on his features.

I liked him better when he was like this. Not when he was beating a man black and blue.

My heart beat erratically pounded against my rib cage as I looked up into his eyes.

Never in a million years would I have expected Amir to stand up for me like that and now that it had happened, I didn't know how to feel. 

It felt good. Damn, it felt so good to be protected by someone and looked out for, but it also felt wrong.

I had just hated him this morning. He had caused drama in my family. Caused problems between my father and I. Slandered me and spread lies.

I was supposed to not care about him.

Yet, here I was, absolutely revelling over the fact that he had got so worked up and protective over me being in harms way.

"Hira?" He said, softly.

My name had never sounded so pleasant and perfect before.

Astaghfirullah.

What the hell is wrong with you, Hira!? Snap back into it.

We. Hate. Amir.

Say it with me, sis.

"Thank you. JazakAllahu khayr." I said quietly before turning around and beginning to walk down the hall. I had to leave ASAP.

"Wait, Hira!" He called out after I had only managed to take a few steps, noticing that Hawwa had come out of the bathroom and was standing beside me now.

I released a breath and stopped walking as I turned to look at him curiously.

"Are you coming to the masjid tonight?" He asked simply, and I could have sworn there was a hopeful look in his eyes.

I looked down before facing him again for a second and nodding my head. "Yeah, I'll be there." I said, causing for a small smile to tug at his lips.

"Okay." He breathed. "I'll see you there." The sides of his lips lifted ever so slightly.

"Maybe." I said, before releasing a breath as I turned around and continued walking down the hallway besides Hawwa.

What the hell had happened today!?

:::

How are you all feeling about how things are changing in the story? 👀

Assalamu alaykum. ❤️