EPILOGUE

[[[[[[ M E D I A ]]]]]]

"Muhammad!" I screamed probably for the hundredth time.

"Yes, mum?" He said as he came down the stairs, his phone in his hand. God. Did that phone ever leave his hand!?

"I've been calling your name for ten minutes and now you come down saying yes mum as if you've answered me the first ninety nine times." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I'm sorry, mama. I love you, wallahi." He said as he smiled at me and came over to hug me.

"No, stop." I said, pushing him off me. "Go and take Abubakr and Umar out of the bath." I ordered.

"And then you'll forgive me?" He asked with a smile, placing his phone on the table.

"Yes." I said, shaking my head with a soft smile. 

"Hear that Uthman, mum forgives me." He smirked, ruffling Uthman's hair.

"You're 18 and still you act like he can understand what you're saying."

"And you're 37 still looking 20." He answered me with a smirk, winking and effectively making me laugh. He was so gorgeous. All my kids were. They were absolutely beautiful.

"Silly boy." I muttered as he left the room to go take the twins out of the bath.

It had been 18 years since Amir and I's first child was born, and in that time, we had another four children. Alhamdulillah. Yes. Four.

Only one year after Muhammad, I gave birth to a baby girl. We named her Asiya, of course after Asiya the wife of Firawn, however also after Amir's passed sister. We had quite a break after those two and I fell pregnant to twins when Muhammad was 13 and Asiya was 12. Abubakr and Umar were now 5 years old, alhamdulillah.

Lastly, little Uthman Ali. He was a surprise to us all. I was happy with four children and then found out I was pregnant. Allah had different plans for us and now, two years later, I was officially done.

In a sense the only babies who were planned were Abubakr and Umar. Asiya was also a surprise just like Muhammad was and also little Uthman Ali. Clearly Amir and I weren't great at protecting ourselves from getting pregnant.

Any more babies after this and I would probably pass out for a couple of years.

"Your brother's a silly boy, isn't he, Uthman?" I said as I gave him another spoonful of food.

He chewed on the food and I smiled as the doorbell rang.

"I got it! I got it!" Umar screamed as he ran to the door, making me narrow my eyes and sigh as he was dressed in pants and only a singlet. "Who is it?!" He called out.

"It's us, Umar." Asiya answered. I smiled as I watched him struggle to unlock the door for a couple of seconds before pulling it open.

"Baba!" Umar screamed as he extended his arms, Amir picking him up and kissing his forehead. "Oh, you smell amazing. Did you just have a bath?" He asked and Umar nodded his head as Abubakr came running out in pants and no top.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "Muhammad!" I yelled again, separating the name into three syllables.

"It's not my fault!" He called back as he came out, two shirts and a singlet in his hand. He threw one of them to Asiya, the singlet hitting her face as she scowled at him before taking a hold of Abubakr and dressing him while Muhammed finished dressing Umar.

I shook my head and exhaled once again as Amir came up to us. "Tired?" He asked me with a smile as he sat on the seat next to me. "Very." I muttered. "Here, I'll finish up, you go sleep if you like."