Chapter 29 - AWKWARD

Watch the video at the end of the chapter.

#715 in romance!!!! Whaaatt!?!?! I never thought this story would get this far tbh. Alhamdulillah always for everything. JazakumAllahu khayr for all the support (votes & comments) that you guys show. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but I hope this chapter makes up for lost time :)

::::::

"Hello?" I answered the number that was flashing across my screen.

"As salamu alaikum, Hira." A cheery voice that I sort of recognised but couldn't quite place said.

"Wa alaikum salam?" My reply sounded like a question as I waited for the person to tell me who they were.

"Oh, you couldn't recognise me, sweetheart?" She chuckled and then I recognised who it was.

"Oh my. Mum!? I'm so sorry! I knew I recognised the voice, but just couldn't place it. How are you?" I asked her, sitting up in my bed and straightening my shoulders, not knowing why.

"It's fine, sweetheart. I'm good. Excited actually." She said and I chuckled, agreeing with her.

"Amir, your baba and I are going shopping tomorrow for decorations and I thought you'd like to come as well since you've got the most say. Are you free?" She asked me and I smiled. "I'll have to ask mama and baba just to make sure. I'll get back to you if that's okay, mum." I said.

"That's fine, sweetheart. I'll be waiting for your call then." She said and we hung up right after as I ran down the stairs and asked my mum and dad if I could skip a day of school to go shopping.

"That's fine, honey." My mum smiled. "You might need to buy your dress as well because we probably won't have any time after this to go dress shopping." She said and I nodded.

"So I can go, Baba?" I looked at him.

"Of course. They're your family now." He smiled. "You don't need to ask for permission."

"Okay, shukran." I smiled as I went back up the stairs and called mama Khadija to let her know I would be going with them and it was decided that they would pick me up at eight in the morning and we'd go to breakfast first before going shopping.

After we ate dinner and prayed isha together, I read some Qur'an and went straight to bed after setting my alarms for both fajr and in the morning.

::::

I heard a horn sound from outside at the same time my phone dinged.

Amir- My parents didn't want to come in now in case yours are sleeping. Is it cool if we go in after shopping around?

I smiled at their thoughtfulness and prayed that our parents always had a sense of respect for each other like they do now.

Hira- They are sleeping so all good

I put the phone in my bag and walked downstairs, taking my keys off the dresser in the entrance and leaving the house, pulling the door closed after me as I walked to their car, my cheeks heated as I saw mama and baba in the driver and passenger seats smiling widely at me. I went to the back door and took a deep breath as my face was now out of their view before breathing out and pulling the door open.