Chapter 21 - NIGHTS

Edited.

x HIRA x

I got into the passenger seat and we all filled the car in our same spots as Amir turned on the car and pulled out of the car park.

"Where are we going?" I asked no one in particular.

"Let's go to the hill near Bradyn." Hawwa suggested.

After a little bit of back and forth and some other suggestions, Hawwa's first suggestion was picked and we were on our way.

It wasn't a very long drive to Bradyn from where we were. Twenty minutes max in low traffic.

The car drive was filled mainly with Amir and Yaseen's football talk. Yaseen wasn't from our Jamiya even though he did come to our one almost every week, but his own Jamiya's football team did verse ours in the league so they bantered on about who would win once they did cross paths.

As we pulled into the car park of the hill, we exited the car and prepared to take the not-so-long hike up to the top. It was a weekday today so there were only a few cars in the parking lot.

I was leading the way with Amir behind me and Yaseen and Havva behind us. I stopped about half way up and put my hands on my waist, taking deep breaths in and out as I tried to control my ragged breathing.

"Tired already?" Amir chuckled as the rest of them also had to stop walking and wait for me.

I nodded my head. "Sorry, we're not all as fit as you are." I replied and he chuckled. He didn't even seem breathless at all.

"I'll carry you the rest of the way." He said but I laughed, shaking my head no.

"I'm happy with a husband without any back problems, thanks." I laughed, making him laugh also meanwhile Hawwa and Yaseen passed us, continuing to walk to the top.

Amir chuckled. "You're not even heavy." He said.

"I don't remember you ever lifting me?" I said in question form as I started walking again.

"That's because I haven't." He said, before adding. "But it's not hard to tell that you weigh close to nothing."

I scoffed. "The scales beg to differ." I said.

"Don't make me lift you." He threatened, playfully.

"Don't you dare." I said, halting my steps once again as I turned around and looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Not another word then." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes.

I've been doing that a lot lately. Clearly, Amir was annoying me way too much.

Finally, after what seemed like forever but was probably about ten minutes, we reached the top of the hill where the lookout was.

I walked towards the right side of the hill, the city beneath us, the sunset right across as Amir came beside me. "Wow. It's amazing." Amir mumbled. I smiled as I looked at him.

"Have you never been here?" I said and he shook his head no.

"As if." I said turning back to look at the beautiful scenery. Not going to lie, Amir's face could have easily taken first place over any scenery in the world.

"SubhanAllah." He said as he roamed his eyes over the vast amount of buildings before looking at the different shades of warm colours in the sky.

I took out my phone to take a photo for snapchat. After adding the time and using no filter, I posted it on my story and went to my normal camera to take another photo. After I took a couple I locked it and put it in my pocket, seeing Amir take out his own phone.