Chapter 25 - JOB

The prophet (saw) said, "I leave for you two things which will never lead you astray: The Qur'an and my Sunnah." ❤️❤️

SubhanAllah, imagine how disappointed and upset the prophet would be at the state of our ummah today. So many people are drifting further away from the deen and behaving in such a way that is unlawful in our religion, yet they see nothing wrong with it. As I always say, judge no one, but this isn't judging, I am just upset for some of our brothers and sisters. Never forget to pray for them and ask that they find the straight path in'shaAllah. <3

:::

It had been just over a week since Aunt Paula's hospital tragedy. Hassan and I, as promised, had visited the hospital the next morning and she was given the okay to leave the next afternoon. Sophia and Jonah were okay now and we all learnt that Kathryn's assumption was right.

Aunt Paula was struggling with money and she had given up her most expensive medication which was $100 a box that lasted her a fortnight. Uncle and my mum had gotten very angry, disappointed and upset at the fact that aunt Paula didn't ask them for any help or confide in them and they made her promise that from now on, she would tell them anything and everything. It was agreed that from now on all of her medication costs were to be paid by uncles and us equally. Despite aunt Paula insisting that it wasn't a good idea or at least that she'd pay us back in due time, no one really listened to her and her thoughts were shut down. Uncle Chris had said 'Both Mary and I are older than you, so you'll listen to us and we refuse to let you pay for anything regarding your medications! Mum and dad would want it this way.'

After that statement aunt Paula stayed silent and nodded unwillingly.

Amir and I had been talking on the phone every night for an hour or so and we would hang out at school sometimes too. We hadn't really had a chance to see each other outside of school at all. Well, technically I had once when mama Khadija and baba Musab came over to our house to see how my mum was doing after Aunt Paula's incident, but Waleed had errands to run and so he and Amir both went out. I only saw him for about twenty minutes that day and in that time we didn't talk at all. Still, it was good. They were gone together for two whole hours and they came back just in time for them to go back home and they had entered the house laughing and joking with each other.

As the thought of Amir entered my mind, my phone rang and I smiled. "I'll be back." I told my family, moving Hassan off my lap and onto the cushion I was sitting on before leaving the room and climbing up the stairs sitting on the top step as I answered.

"As salamu alaykum." I answered.

"Wa alaykum Salam." He greeted back.

"I was just thinking about you." I blurted and I felt his smirk on his face as soon as the sentence left my mouth.

"Were you now?" He asked in a cocky tone and I scoffed.

"No, I was lying." I said, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me. I'm sure he knew I did the action anyway.

He laughed. "Okay, okay." He surrendered. "Why were you thinking about me?" He asked.

"I don't want to give you a big head, but I don't want to lie either." I exhaled. I stayed silent for a bit. We had gotten reasonably closer with Amir in the past week, especially after the day aunt Paula had her heart attack, but I was still a little closed off when it came to the whole intimacy thing. We hadn't kissed yet, apart from the few times he kissed my cheek and forehead or the top of my head, hell, I hadn't even taken my hijab off next to him yet. He did ask me how long my hair was and if it was curly or not and the colour of it, but I told him that he'd learn them when we move in together, despite his groaning and sulking.