Chapter 31 - FIRST

On the authority of Ibn Mas'ud radhiallahu 'anhu who said that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters) about his life - how he spent it; about his youth - how he took care of it; about his wealth - how he earned it; and where he spent it and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge he acquired." At-Tirmidhi, Sahih Sunan at-Tirmidhi, no. 1969, and As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, no. 946

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, may the story proceed.

::::::

We finally finished praying isha and Amir went to the bathroom, changing out of suit and coming out in blue pyjama bottoms and a navy blue T shirt.

I was still scrolling through the movies on the featured list, waiting for something to catch my eye.

"So are you gonna sleep like that or?" Amir trailed off. He seemed like he didn't want me to and like he wasn't expecting me to, but also didn't want to pressure me incase I did want to stay like this.

"Uh, no. Probably not." I stuttered.

"I've got spare clothes. I completely forgot to get you pyjamas." He said.

"That's okay." I replied as I went to his bag and pointed at it, raising my eyebrows as if asking for permission.

"No, wife. You may not go through my clothes." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes at me.

I chuckled and kneeled down, unzipping the black adidas bag and sorting through the clothes. I saw a black T-shirt and grey tracksuit pants about to walk to the bathroom when I changed my mind.

I sat next to him and he glanced at me, raising his brows. "Can I ask you a question?"

He looked a little nervous, but nodded regardless.

"Why don't you like reciting or leading prayer?" I asked, remembering that time we went out with Havva and Yaseen and he didn't want to lead. "Your recitation is flawless."

He smiled. "You liked it?"

I blushed, nodding my head. "I loved it. I mean, it was perfect. I didn't want you to stop. That's why I cried really, it was just a beautiful thing to hear you recite and lead me in salah."

"I made a promise to myself a while ago. I promised that the first person I would ever lead in prayer would be my wife. That's why I've never recited to anyone besides my family before." He said and I smiled widely.

"Is it selfish of me to want to be the only person, besides your family, that you recite to and not just the first?" I asked him with a small grin, making him smile widely, clearly enjoying what I said.

He released a small laugh. "Very selfish, but if that's what you want, I'll be happy to only recite and lead you in salah." He said to me.

I smiled with a sigh and got up, pointing behind me to the bathroom. "I-I'll just go change." I stammered, walking into the bathroom and washing my beet-red face before starting to change.

I took off the dress and slid into the pants that were way too big for me. I was glad that they had pull strings and so I tightened it around my waist as much as I could. It was still loose around my waist but I knew it wouldn't be able to slide off past my hips. Well, inshaAllah it wouldn't anyway.