Chapter 15 - JOY

Edited.

x HIRA x

Once everyone had left and everyone had settled down at the big changes that had occurred tonight, I pulled back into my room, reading some Qur'an and praying two rak'at of shukr prayer - I couldn't stop the smile that on my face even as I laid in bed silently and stared at the ceiling.

As if I was getting married.

Me?

Someone who was adamant on finding a husband only after I finished university, was now getting married at only 18.

When and how did this even happen?

In the back of my mind, I was still questioning whether or not I had made the right decision. A little voice in the back of my head was nagging at me, telling me I was an idiot and I was going to regret this, but I played it off, simply telling myself that whatever Allah decreed would inescapably happen. No matter what happened tonight, if it wasn't good for Amir and I, I knew something was bound to stop us from getting married anyway. Likewise, if it was meant to be, then it would happen anyway.

Tonight though, I couldn't help but focus on the positive part of my thoughts instead of the negative.

We had both of our families blessings, Alhamdulillah, and for that I couldn't have been any more grateful.

I took a deep breath and released it, before the smile on my face completely wiped off.

Oh my god!

Hawwa!

Oh my lord, she was going to kill me.

I quickly took my phone off my side table and tapped the message icon, knowing that she was probably sleeping at this time.

Me:
Ummm...So I have some news to share with you...Amir and I are getting married!'

I sent the message, not putting in any more details, knowing that she'd call me after reading the message anyway, most likely in the morning.

I put my phone back on the side table and joined my hands behind my head, not being able to fall asleep even though the time was coming to 2am.

I looked at the door when I heard a slight creak and looked at Waleed who poked his head through. "I knew you wouldn't be sleeping." He said as he walked into my room once I sat up.

"Couldn't sleep either?" I asked, giving him a small smile and sitting up and shuffling to the side of the bed to make room for him, my legs extended in front of me

"Apparently not." He smiled. "What are you thinking about?" He sat next to me on my bed in the same position as me, his legs reaching the end of the bed whereas mine only reached up to his knees.

I shrugged. "No idea. Just feel happy and overwhelmed I suppose." I said, looking up at his face with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're happy, habibti." He smiled down at me. "I hope that he always makes you happy. And by the way, if you ever need anything after you're married, text me or call me or come see me wherever I am, no matter the time of day, okay? I'll always be there for you, yeah?" He said, clearing his throat.

I looked away and nodded my head. I knew he was getting emotional and I knew that if I looked into his eyes, I would probably start crying.