Chapter 16

(continued)

Jimin's POV

After getting our hair and makeup done, and wearing out performance costume, we hopped onto the car. I purposely pulled Yoongi hyung onto another car, the one different from Kookie. That episode in the fitting room was thrilling, but the stare I received from Yoongi hyung when he saw me and Kookie walking out together...it wasn't pleasant. 

And so, Taehyung Jungkook and Hoseok hyung got into a car, while the rest of us went to another, and we named it - the couples car. Namjoon and Seokjin hyung took the middle row; while Yoongi hyung and I took the last row. Like we always do, Yoongi hyung would play some music through his earpiece and giving me one of the sides. I would lean on his shoulders as we enjoy the music. 

As he pulled my body in for a small hug, he paused and took a sniff near my neck area.

"Wae yo hyung?" I asked straightly. 

"This smell...it seems familiar."

"Is it?" I asked as I, too, started to sniff my sleeves. 

"Ahhhhh it's Kookie's cologne."

Dang!! My heart stopped beating for that few seconds. Did he find out something about us? Did he know what happened in the fitting room just now? Oh no, what do I say? How much does he know? Everything? Should I just confess everything now before he gets mad? 

Tons of questions filled my mind as my eyes darted here and there. Scenarios started to form in my mind and one of it was Yoongi hyung boxing Kookie and asking for a break up. 

"Jimin? Jimin!" 

I blinked my eyes and came back to reality. In front of me was Yoongi hyung snapping his fingers, staring at me with a worried look. "Are you okay?"

"N-ne."

"You blanked out after I mentioned Kookie's cologne."

"Ahhh ne, about that...errr...there's nothing between me and Kookie...we..." I began to stutter and no light bulb was gonna light up anytime soon. 

"I know I know, you don't need to be so nervous, I was just joking."

"Joking?"

"Yea, I know what's going on."

"You know what's going on?!?!" Nothing could be deciphered from Yoongi hyung's emotionless expression, good feeling or bad feeling - none, I could feel nothing. 

Yoongi hyung ruffled my hair as he explained, "relax Jiminie. Taehyung told me everything. Kookie wore your shirt by accident, that's why there is his cologne on you. And that also explains why you two came out from the same dressing room. Right?"

"Huh? Errr ne. ne."

I forced out a smile after finally realising the situation. I was that close from being exposed and everything turned out to be a misunderstanding. My heart finally returned to a normal rate but my mind was still not stable. Continuing this secret relationship with Kookie is seriously not easy but...it's too soon for me to give up on this 'two lover' role. 

Soon, we reached the filming location for MCountdown! Waving to our fans as we entered the building and into our own waiting room. And after an hour wait, it was rehearsal time. Tying our nametags in front of our chest and greeting every possible staffs we met along the way, we reached the central stage. 

We were handed microphones and our personal earpieces. While I smoothly got ready with everything secured perfectly on me, I spotted the maknae who had difficulty untangling his earpiece. Not thinking too much, I approached him and snatched the earpiece lightly from him. 

"Orh," he said softly. He was caught by surprise, and that puppy eyes he made literally melted my heart.

"Let hyung help you," I explained. 

While my hands were busy twisting here and there, I turned around to ensure that nobody is nearby. And I whispered, "you know, just now in the car, we almost got exposed."

"Ne?!?"

"Yoongi hyung smelled your cologne on me, but luckily we managed to get away with it, this time round. I think next time we should really be careful."

"There's a next time?" Jungkookie asked cheerfully. 

"Ayyy I mean...errrr...next time you shouldn't spray cologne."

"Arraso, I will hug you softer, next time," he winked.

Upon the producer's cue, we got into our position as the music started. Rehearsal went smoothly and all we need to do now was to wait till live broadcast. As usual, I reserved a spot on the sofa and soon went back to dreamland.