Chapter 39

One week later...

Jimin's POV

"And the winner for today's MCountDown is..." the emccee announced, "Bangtansonyeondan!! Congratulations!!"

Achieving our first trophy ever since our RUN comeback, all the members began to jump and cheer as we heard our group name being called out. Namjoon hyung grabbed the mic and began his speech, he was reciting it backstage and all of us thought that it was impossible for him to really say it out live.

Other celebrities on stage began to make their way down as we heard our song coming out once again. Of course, Yoongi hyung went to grab the trophy while the rest of us started partying on stage with our ARMYs.

"Dasi RUN RUN RUN!"

Standing in the middle of the stage, I took off my jacket and did the choreography. However, something felt empty. Jungkook wasn't beside me, he wasn't in the formation. Turning to my left, I spotted him at the corner of the stage, singing excitedly with Taehyung.

Jungkook had his arms hook around Taehyung's neck. Being the two youngest and energetic ones, they were jumping crazily and doing random dance moves. He was enjoying himself at that moment, I should be happy for him, but sadly I couldn't.

My heart literally sank for some odd reason. Disappointment was all over my face and no matter how hard I tried to force out a smile, everything just doesn't seem right now.

Gradually, I took a few steps back and gave up my centre position to Hoseok hyung who was doing his crumpling moves.

There comes my part and I knew deeply I had to act normal and smile. And I did, forcefully. I stood right in the middle of the stage, as I looked at my members' back views as they interacted with the audience. Slowly, my eyes went back to the Vkook duo. They were still sticking to each other, making funny faces and dance moves.

The song seemed to go on forever. And finally, it ended with us making a butterfly shape. I was the first one to get down, just giving a calm hi-five to my favourite MPD nim. As much as I wanted to go back to the waiting room and rest, we had to film a short clip as the winner of this week.

Again, Namjoon hyung did the talking. I merely stood at one end, looking at the camera, trying hard to smile genuinely. I darted my eyes to the other end. For the third time of the day, Taetae and Kookie are still beside one another.

I wanted to roll my eyes so badly but no, I'm in front of the camera. Smile Jimin, smile and show your love to ARMYs.

"2,3, Kamsahamnida!!" all of us bowed 90 degrees as we waited for the red light on the camera to go off.

Rushing to our waiting room, I went straight to the sofa. Staff members were congratulating us, hyungs were snatching for the trophy while the others said their thank-you speech in front of the camera which is obviously meant for a Bangtan Bomb.

After a while when everybody calmed down, Suga hyung came beside me and sat down. "Gwenchana? You don't look very happy..."

"Aniyo," I lied with a forced smile, "I'm just too delighted to have any huge reaction like the two maknaes..." my voice trailed off, together with my eyes that went searching for Jungkook in the room.

He was positioned in front of the mirror, tidying his hair and thank god, Taehyung wasn't near him. Phew?

"Are you really fine? Are you sick or something?"

I shook my head, but Yoongi hyung obviously don't trust me for which he immediately touched my forehead without asking for permission.

"I'm really fine hyung..."

"I'm just tryna make sure chimchim...you weren't even enjoying yourself during our encore stage!" he came close to me and whispered.

"I was!"

"Noooo, you were spacing out! Just let me check if you have a fever or something."

Giving up, I simply sat there as I let Dr Min to examine my body. I guess our conversation just now was too loud as some of the staff members looked over too. Oh damn, we're in public, I forgot! Me and Yoongi hyung are sitting so closely and now he's touching me (no dirty thoughts guysss...)

Looking at the staffs embarrassingly, my eyes went across the room and it stopped right there, in front of the mirror. Our eyes met. For the first time in many months, Kookie did not turn away. He was staring straight into my eyes through the mirror. The look on his face...he wasn't happy, definitely, not jealous too, more like...troubled.

I wanted to talk to him so badly. But I know I can't, he will ignore me too. But then again, I don't wanna end my day like that. So, as if we could talk through our eyes, I asked him, "Wae yo? Why are you looking at me...like that?"

He didn't wanted to answer at first. But then, he sighed, "Aniyo...just..."

His eyes twitched a bit, and that was when I realised Yoongi hyung had leaned his body towards me and began telling me how he felt when we won. Honestly, I wasn't concentrating on him. My eyes were still on Kookie. I had to keep that conversation going, okay that eye contact at least.

"Did you...miss me?" I asked bravely through my eyes.

He gave me the look again, the troubled expression, filled with a tinge of pain and struggle. "I don't know..."

"Please...that's all I wanna know..."

"I'm...I'm trying my best to control."

"Just one answer and I'll leave you alone..."

At this crucial moment, Taehyung appeared in the picture, beside Kookie. Our connection was instantly cut off. There was a spark, legit, like some electricity being cut off. My mind went from shocked, to annoyed and then to pain. As if my heart had been tied multiple dead knots, it felt so stuffy and uncomfortable. They began to talk, as Kookie slowly showed a smile on his face. And after a few seconds, they walked off, together, to change probably, with Kookie giving me one last look.

Jungkook's POV

"Please...I'm trying my best to control." I really wanna cry out loud but no, control Kookie, control.

"Just one answer and I'll leave you alone..."

Luckily, V hyung appeared out of nowhere. I stared at him with a blank expression. He brought his face near me and whispered, "I came to save you."

"Huh?"

"That eye contact you had with Jiminie lasted for ten seconds, and it's not very healthy."

"Hyung..."

"Wanna go to the toilet to freshen up?"

I nodded my head and gazed at V hyung. Finally, he's acting like a hyung, someone who noticed me uneasiness here, someone who knows my feelings and someone who I can truly rely on.

As we walked out of the room, my eyes unknowingly went to the direction of the couple. Yoongi hyung was still talking about his stories while Jiminie hyung, still had his eyes on me. I quickly turned my head away after that second contact. Control Kookie, control...

'They looked so blissful there' I tried to convince myself. Finally, after hearing the door shut could I really breath normally again.

"Gumawol hyung," I whispered to Taetae, "I really don't know what to do without you."

"Ayy don't say that. I promised that I will protect you, and will always do," he said with a wink.