Chapter 40

The next day...

Jimin's POV

As usual, we're in the dance studio, practising for our comeback song. As the choreography leader, Hoseok hyung stood beside the middle as he ordered, "I need to see your formation during Yoongi hyung's part." With that, he played the start button and RUN began to play from the speaker.

Everything proceeded smoothly as a smile slowly showed on Hoseok hyung's face. It is Jin hyung's part now. I turned to side and attempted to grab onto Namjoon hyung's hand, as part of the choreography.

However, Namjoon hyung wasn't there. He was missing. I quickly scanned the room and no, no sight of the leader.

I immediately signaled to Hoseok hyung and said, "Namjoon hyung is-"

Suddenly, the lights suddenly went off. Someone walked in through the door with a cake in his hands, it was Namjoon hyung! This was followed by a birthday song.

"saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun -- Jiminie!!

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da"

The cake was served to me as the other members gathered around and clapped. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMINIE!!" Taehyung cheered as he smeared some of the whipped cream on my face.

"Did you really think we forgot about your birthday?" Hoseok hyung continued.

Jin nodded as he secretly eat one of the strawberries, "Are you surprised Jimin?"

"I seriously thought you guys would do some hidden camera prank or something!!"

"Ayyy we're not that mean," V said.

"Haiz seems like Namjoon is right," Yoongi hyung joined in," Namjoon said that ever since that Kookie day prank, everybody would be on alert on their birthdays."

"It's kinda true though," Jin hyung smiled as he brought the camera closer to us, "We're live on V app now!"

Hoseok hyung took over the camera and took a closer look at the screen. "Jungkook ah, come closer, you're not inside!" he said.

Instantly, everybody turned to find the maknae who was at a corner. Jungkook was quietly staring at us with a straight face. Taehyung quickly pulled him to the centre of the corner before hooking his arm over his shoulders.

"Yah Jiminie, quickly blow the candles!" Yoongi hyung reminded as he held onto the cake and shoved it in front of me.

I placed my palm together, as I took a quick look at the other members. My eyes went past Kookie in a milisecond, but I could clearly see how he purposely stare on the ground to avoid eye contact.

And of course, my eyes landed on my boyfriend. I smiled at him before closing my eyes and made a wish.

"I wish that...everyone would be happy (especially him)," I said it in my heart.

Opening my eyes before blowing the candle that was standing right in the middle of the cake, it was followed by a series of cheers and applause.

"Yay!! Jiminie is one year older!" Hoseok hyung exclaimed as he turned to his left, "Jin hyung, anything to say to our birthday boy?"

And so, everybody started to take turns as they stand beside me and shower me with praises and blessings.

"Yoongi hyung, you're next!" Namjoon hyung, who is now holding the camera, exclaimed.