seven | tavi?

WHOO, prepare your hormones for this chapter children! 

Octavius and I sat and tried to find a compromise for the overpopulation of the pack. After two hours of back and forth, back and forth, I decided I needed a break. Or rather, my stomach did.

At the rumbling of my belly, Octavius looked up from the filing cabinet he had been sifting through.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Maybe a little." I was starving.

"I can have Phoebe get us something." He started to walk towards a phone at the wall.

"No, no, I can make something." I protested, and I mentally smiled, cooking always relaxed me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, just show me where the nearest kitchen is." I got up from my chair, and winced a little. Both my feet had managed to fall asleep, I had been sitting for so long. In a flash, Octavius is at my side, his eyes full of concern. He looks so cute.

"I'm fine, my feet are just asleep." I give him a reassuring smile but he still looks concerned.

"Let me help you." He wraps an arm around my waist and picks me up, bridal style. Tingles shoot through wherever his skin contacts mine and I automatically snuggle into him, his scent surrounding me.

He carries me out of the door and down a flight of spiral stairs, to a large open floor. I see a kitchen off to the side, and he carries me there, setting me down next to a marble island table.

"I could have walked by myself, ya know."

He smirks down at me, the slightest curve of his full lips.

"I know." then he winks at me. Octavius winks at me.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask, pulling a white apron off the wall and tying it around me.

He stares at me for a while, his eyes turning dark. I give him a questioning look.

He says nothing but his eyes say You. I gulp and turn.

"I'll make a salad." I turn back to him and he is looking at me, a reserved expression on his face.

"...And a steak?" I ask, and he grins. God he is such a child.

I begin to grill the steak over the oven with a technique my mother showed me, using seasoning and a very very high stove.

I fall into the old routine, expertly turning the steak and whisking the ingredients for a salad dressing. I begin to hum a song my mother used to sing to me when she cooked, something about a wolf and a hunter.

The moon called down to me

a lonely rogue alone

For the hunter came to see,

To fight for tooth and bone.

But I was much much wiser

Oh you see this is right

For the hunter hit a geyser

And I ran out of sight.

But even this old gunner

With his weapon shining red

Knew he was no runner

So he chose to hide instead

He waited til the nightfall

When all the pups go play

He never raised a warning call