twelve | that just happened

(That's my image for Tyler and Benjamin) (Shown- Jack and Finn Harries)

A knock at my door interrupts my sobbing, and I sniff, running my hand under my nose as I answer, "W-who is it?"

"It's me, Klaude." I exhale. "Come in." He slowly opens the door, and steps into the darkness of the room.

"The ceremony is starting soon, Alessandra. You are required to be there as the Luna."

"I'm not going." I snap, and wipe at the tears still falling down my cheeks. I feel so fucking useless.

"Alessandra, you have to." He whispers, and comes to sit at the foot of my bed.

"Well, I don't give a damn." I cross my arms over my chest.

"The entire pack is supposed to be there. Everyone is required to go."

I feel like a child pouting about not wanting to go to tea, and I sniff one last time. I need to be there. I was the one who couldn't stop their deaths from occurring.

"Fine." I grumble, and slink out of bed, and walk to the closet which Phoebe apparently filled with clothes. I find a pair of black leggings and a v-neck maroon shirt. It makes me think of Benny, who always wore the pair of red converse when we would play in the pack garden. I smile slightly, and swipe at the fresh new tears. I pull on a pair of light brown boots and exit my room, where I find Klaude waiting. He looks at me solemnly and I just shake my head, as he leads me to the execution.

The execution is in the woods about a mile away from the mansion, under a large alcove of trees. Klaude and I arrive, and are immediately met by the enormous crowds of people on either side of an aisle. One side is clearly the original Blood Moon members, guffawing and cackling as they joke and jest. I want to scream at them to have some respect, allow some time to realize that they are murdering two children. On the other side is my pack, my people, many of them crying or mourning, their heads bowed in prayer. I long to run to them, to cry with them, but I know that I can't.

I look straight ahead, and I see a large wooden platform, with two ropes hung from the trees above.

They plan to lynch them in front of children, babies, innocents. My blood begins to boil as I scan around the platform, and see Octavius and Kane whispering hastily to each other on one side of the steps leading to the platform. My irritation grows just looking at him, so I turn to Klaude, who is still by my side.

"You are supposed to be next to Octavius during the ceremony." I turn to him, shocked.

"It wasn't anyone's decision, Ale. It's just the way it is." I growl and walk down the aisle towards Octavius, who stops talking to Kane as soon as he sees me.

When I reach them, I stand a good two feet away from him, assuring that I was out of reach of his touch.

"Alessandra, how lovely of you to join us." Kane's slippery voice slurs. I turn to him, my eyes blazing.

"Eat shit, Kane."

"Such foul language from such a small girl." He jeers at me, his top lip curling.

"Listen you bastard-" Klaude grabs my arm, eliciting a growl from Octavius which I ignore with a roll of my eyes.

"Ale, calm down." Klaude whispers in my ear and I send a nasty glare at Kane.

I step back next to Klaude, who gives me a reassuring nudge. I just scowl down at the ground, waiting for the horror to really begin.

After about five minutes of waiting, I hear the sound of heavy footsteps approaching, their rhythmic march like a sacrificial chant.

I look up to see Damien and Grayson, with Tyler and Benny following, their hands shackled with metal chains, and sporting new bruises all over their faces. I clench my fists, fury and terror brewing within me.

They begin to climb the steps to the platform, passing me as they ascend, and I lock eyes with Tyler as he climbs. I want to reach out, to grab him and hold him and tell him it will be okay, but I know it's impossible. I just send him my love and goodbyes with my eyes, and he nods in understanding.

Tyler and Benny stand at two points at the center of the platforms, and the nooses are looped loosely around their necks.

Kane and Octavius ascend the steps, leaving Klaude and I behind.

"Tonight, on this full moon, these two omegas have been charged with the crime of treason against Blood Moon pack, an indiscretion of the highest offense. As punishment, they have been sentenced to death by hanging this very night. May this be a lesson to any who believes they can overthrow the pack." Octavius' voice is flat and emotionless, as if he was reading from a prepared card, or memorized from some law book. He looks down at me, and I plead him with cold eyes to do something. He just shakes his head, and looks down at the crowds.

"They will proclaim their names and their crimes, and any last words they may have." His voice booms over the forest.

Benny and Tyler look at each other, give a sort of nod, and straighten.

"We are Tyler and Benjamin Reynolds, we have committed the crime of treason against the Blood Moon pack," They both pause, and they scan the crowd and land on the same spot. I turn to see what they are looking at, and I see Aunt May, her eyes red and she is silently sobbing into a handkerchief.

"We love you mother, but we cannot allow this evil pack to continue, long live the resistance!" They shout the end, and to my horror and shock, reveal their hands are freed from their chains, and they rip the nooses from their necks. They move so quickly I can barely react by the time they have shifted to their wolves and, without looking back, have disappeared into the woods.

The crowds are silent for three heart beats before each side goes into an uproar, Blood Moon standing from their seats and shouting, anger spewing from their filthy curses. Moonrise, in contrast, is on their feet, cheering and shouting prayers behind Tyler and Benny. The guards on stage quickly shift and make chase, but I know they'll never catch them, Tyler and Benny are too far ahead. I can't help the smile that reaches my face, and I turn to my pack, and I make eye contact with Aunt May and I send a kiss in her direction and she is crying with happy laughter.

"SILENCE." Kane's voice bellows over the crowd, and immediately the voices cease. "The two criminals will be found, and killed on sight. Any member of the pack who is discovered to have aided the two will be treated as such. Any member who attempts to contact the two will be convicted of treason as well, and be executed. At this moment, every one of you is under suspicion. If you have any knowledge of any treason, you are expected to report it to me immediately, or you will be an accessory to treason, and be punished the same. At this time, you are all ordered back to your homes."

And he storms off the stage, back to his office no doubt, but he grabs me on the way down.

"I know you were involved in this somehow," His rancid breath fans over my face and I struggle against his grip. "And when I can prove it, you will be killed along with your precious family, no matter who your mate is." And he storms off, leaving me shaking behind him. 

OOO yet another twist!! 

Kane is so evil ugh, but every story must have a villain right?

VOTE/COMMENT/READ/FOLLOW/SHARE/ENJOY