thirty | sorry

So sorry for the long wait for this chapter! It's a longer one so I hope you enjoy!!

(Warning: unedited)

 I am still for a moment before realizing the weight of Octavius' actions. God no. My feet are on the floor before the rest of my body can follow. I am running through halls, endless and identical, turning left, right, right again, and I am in a labyrinth created by my terror.

"Octavius!" I scream, but my mouth doesn't open. But I scream as I run, my head turning side to side, my hair attacking every inch of my exposed skin like whips. My feet are slapping the ground, the sound echoing louder and louder.

Where is he? Is he already with Titan? Octavius. Octavius.

I turn my head back to see if anyone is following my grazed form through the wing.

And I slam into a wall.

A wall that smells of cinnamon and smoke.

Octavius.

I cling to him, practically climbing up his body, a koala on a tree, holding on for dear life. My head is in his chest and his arms are holding me everywhere. Holding me together. I can hear the beating of his heart next to my ear, and it's strong and clear.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." I repeat over and over, and he grips me tighter with each time. He slides down the wall, so he is sitting on the hard concrete floor, and we sit together for a moment.

I grasp his cheeks, tracing his long lashes, his sharp features.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I love you, I love you." It's like a chant, the rhythm holding my heart in my chest and my veins in my skin. I kiss his cheeks, his nose, and his lips before I rest my forehead against his.

His silence is excruciating.

He pulls back, and my heart begins to crack.

Please don't leave me.

He takes my face in his hand, and I lean into his touch.

"Let me save you." He whispers, desperate. "Let me love you."

I just nod, and he moves forward, bringing his lips to mine. It is soft but strong, and my skin is on fire, so desperately needing him to be closer, to touch every inch of his skin to make sure he's real.

He is whispering between each kiss, utterances I can't understand, but I feel the love in each syllable.

He pulls away for a moment, but the space is miles in my mind, and I grasp the collar of his shirt and reel him back into me. The kiss is slow and short, but so unbelievably perfect. He is a fire on a winter day, melting the ice around my heart.

"As much as I'd love to stay like this forever," He whispers, "We have important matters to discuss."

"Ok." I whisper, and I allow him to carry me away.

We're sitting in his office, with him sitting in his large red chair, and me sitting on the desk in front of him. I still haven't been able to wash away the feeling of Titan's breath on my cheek, a wet spray of venom fanning my skin. I have, however, been able to change out of the dirty hospital gown, into a large soft shirt of Octavius' and some soft shorts.

Octavius clears his throat.

"Alessandra, I need you to tell me everything that happened. Leave nothing out."