Intro

Sakina

It's been years since I've been to Seoul, South Korea. I was born in the U.S, to an American woman and a Korean man. Shortly after turning 3, they decide to move here to Seoul. After I turned 12, my mother developed cancer and my father thought it was best we move back to the states in order to seek help and treatment.

After receiving the right treatment, my mother was released and we continued to live our lives in America. Ironically though, it was not cancer that took away my mother's life. She got in a car accident one stormy winter. My father blamed me. I didn't argue with that. I blamed myself too because even though I didn't cause the accident, I was still the last person she spoke to. I was there with her..

After her death, my father became an abusive drunk addict. And he wasn't so loyal either. He became that type of man that would screw around any woman desperate for attention. It sickens me everyday to walk home from school, seeing him in this state. And for his condition, I blame myself as well. I blame myself for not being a good enough daughter, for not being there in need. He had given up and so had I..

After 3 years of torture, I am now 17 in my senior year, going off to live with my childhood best friend and his family. They took me in, playing the role of a temporary guardian. My father didn't care when he signed the papers. He didn't look at me. He shoved the papers in my face and left me to cry in my room. As long as I was off his shoulders, he couldn't care less.

After dealing with such stress, I now became a resident in Seoul. I wanted to start a new life. A new, happy life even though that would be a difficult challenge.

Little did I know, I end up meeting this one mysterious boy who would eventually change my life forever.

For the better or worse? Who knows..