01

Sakina

"Sakina!" A loud, familiar voice yells as it came closer, engulfing me into a bear hug.

"Wha-"

"It's me! Jiminie!" I took a closer look and realized it was Jimin, my childhood best friend.  I knew he was picking me up at the airport but I didn't know that he had changed this much.

"Jimin.. Wow. Look at you.. You've changed. A lot." I eyeball his body fully. Damn. What happened to the chubby and cute Jimin? This one's hot..

"I've been working out." He flashed me a cute grin, his eyes turning into smiles themselves. His image may change but it sure looks like his personality didn't.

"Thanks for picking me up." I smiled, standing there for a moment before crashing into Jimin, giving him a giant hug. "I miss you soo much Jiminie..."

"I miss you too Saki. I'm glad you're gonna be staying with us for a bit. How long has it been? 5 years?" He sighed, his head resting on top of mine.

"Mmhmm." I muffled into his chest.

"I haven't been here for such a long time, you're gonna have to take me out sometimes." I look up.

"Deal. Now let's get home. We have school tomorrow and I wanna catch up on all these years." He takes my hand and drags me and my luggages out of the airport and into his car.

---

"Sakina! Dear, it has been such a long time." I was attacked by Jimin's mom as soon as we enter their house.

"My, look at you. You've grown." I look behind her shoulders to see Jimin's dad coming our way.

"Good to see you again Mr. and Mrs. Park. Thank you so much for letting me stay!" I bowed down to them.

"Please drop the formal Thea! We're still mom and dad to you." Jimin's mom drags me into the kitchen as Jimin and his dad help take my stuff up. I remember back when I was little, I used to call Jimin's parents as if they were my own. I spent so much time at this house that they began to take me as their own. His house was still huge as ever but every corner gave me a slight smile as I recall all the memories here.

"So. Is your father doing well? I heard what happened, I'm so sorry dear." She pulls me into a hug, her lovely lemon scent waving off of her and onto me.

"Mom. Saki's probably tired. Let's save the questions for later." Jimin came him and gave her a pleading look.

"Right right. How rude of me. Sorry, dear. Go ahead. Go take a rest. I'll call when dinner's ready." She gave me an apologetic look and let Jimin take my hand and up to a room, which I assume would be mine since my stuff is all in here.

"Story time!" Jimin shouts as he runs and jumps on my bed like a 5 year old. I slightly giggled.

"Wow. There you were, helping me avoid from telling the story to your mom and now you want me to tell it to you." I scoffed playfully.

"Awe c'mon Sakina. I'm your best friend.." Jimin pouts as I approach the bed, sitting next to him.

"You know I hate seeing you pout Jimin.." I muttered as I look away but he still shoves his face in front of mine to see.

I can't do it. I give up.

"Fineee." I groaned, falling back into the bed, followed by Jimin.

"When my mother was released..." I began to tell him from there. We talked for what seems like hours until we had to eat and even after, we still talked about it. We caught up and in that moment, I felt a slight tinge of happiness, knowing I still have my best friend with me after all these years.

Even if he's annoying and childish, I'm still glad to know that Jimin is and always will be there for me whenever I needed him.

And oh trust me, from now on, I'll be needing him a lot..