06

Sakina

Taehyung dragged me into a cute and nice cafe with a huge smile on his face, acting like a 5 year old. I giggle slightly at his childish as the rest of the boys follow us in.

I was squished between Jungkook and Jimin as Taehyung called the seat across from me. He is so cute.

We ordered our little sweets and drinks as we just sat there, talking our lives. The boys shared interesting stories and dreams and I just sat there, amazed by how they were talking. You wouldn't expect childish people like them to do so much and achieve so much. But with them, they were serious about it. I was amazed by how they could trust me with their personal lives and stories.

As if Suga was reading my mind, he answered, "If you're as close as we are to Jimin and he trusts you, then we trust you and will become close to you as well."

He smiled, assuring me that everything is fine. Now their trust was in my heart and slowly, I felt myself opening up to them little by little.

"So what about you, Saki. What's your life story? You don't seem like one to come transfer here for the joy of it." Jin sweetly smiles at me.

"Well I did live here before." I laughed slightly, starting to tell and trust them with my personal life.

"I was born in the States but when I was 3, my parents decide to move here to South Korea. It's where they first met when my mom was vacationing." I smile as I imagine my parents being happy. Together.

"Here is also where I met Jimin in Primary school." I look over to him and smile, "I basically befriended this idiot and soon enough, he became my best friend for 9 years and counting." I gave him a light shove on the shoulders as he chuckles.

"Then when I turned 12, my mom developed cancer." My smile fades away, "we moved back to the U.S to seek the proper treatment for her. My father felt that she'd be more comfortable around an environment she knew from the back of her head and of course, being close to her parents."

"I remember that day you left. You were crying and I gave you a kiss on the cheek, promising that we'll meet again. And hey, it came true." Jimin wraps his arm around me shoulder as I slightly blush, remembering that day clearly.

"My mom eventually got better and got dispatched from the hospital but it wasn't cancer that killed her. She got in a car accident and I was the last person she spoke to.. I was in the car with her." I spoke quietly, but loud enough for them to hear my voice.

All of them were dead silent, looking at me with pity in their eyes. Jimin rests his head on my shoulder, his arm still wrapped around my shoulder. He was he only one who wouldn't give me that look. The look that I hate so much. The pitiful look from everyone that makes me seem so weak and fragile. I'm better than this, I know. I don't need their pity to stand up and move on. I don't need their sorry. I don't need them to be sorrow for me. I can fight of my own. I'm stronger than this.

"I was surprised a small child like me could even survived that car crash. The hospital wouldn't let me go home for nearly a month with so many bruises still visible." I chuckled slightly, trying to raise the atmosphere.

"Do you still have some scars left..?" Jungkook whispered next to me, barely audible.

"One, the glass from the window pierced into my ribs." I lifted my shirt slightly, showing a nasty scar on the right side of my abdomen, about 3 inches in length from the shard of glass.

Jungkook's hand traced the long scar as everyone else stared at it. I look up from my scar and his face soften, his shaking fingertips traced my bare skin, giving me shivers. He looked down as his hands fall to his lap, waiting for me to continue. I pulled my shirt back down, his touch still lingering on my skin.

"What about your dad?" Jin softly approaches.

"My father practically hates me. He blames me for everything, especially her death and every time I ask about her or bring her up, he'd slap me. I don't blame him though. I was right there with her.. I'd hate me too if I were him." I laugh in shame.

"You were just a kid. You didn't know shit." Suga grumbles, showing a bit of anger. I smile at his attempt to reassure me that it wasn't my fault.

"But after her death, my father became an abusive drunk addict. He was also desperate and careless, screwing around and bringing home women we've never even seen before." I shuddered in horror, remembering my father being so fucked up.

"It's whatever though." I chuckle, "3 years later and I was taken in by Jimin's family. My father didn't care where I ran off too. He only sees me as a burden. I have failed as a daughter, I don't deserve a happy, caring family. If anything, I deserved to be alone."

"Don't say that. We ARE your family. From the moment we all met, we already took you in as one of us." Namjoon places his hand on mine, reassuring me.

I smile at all of them for their support. I wouldn't expect the kingkas to be such kind hearted. They probably wouldn't even look at me if I wasn't in any way associated with Jimin. They really are something.