23

Narrator 

Saki stared at the beautiful night sky outside the window. It was calm and gentle. She excused herself from Jin and went out the back door.

In the living room, Jungkook stared out the window, watching the moonlight being washed away thanks to the clouds. It seemed like it was slowly disappearing, just like Saki. Yet it was moving so quickly away. Saki was drifting away form him and he didn't want that. It was the one time that he didn't want a girl to disappear from his life. He wanted to stop searching. He wanted only here to be his one love, the one love that he always needed.

He excused himself and went outside for a bit, just to bump into the girl he loves.

"Oh.. what are you doing here?" He scratched the back of his neck as they continue walking side by side.

"It's pretty out so I had to.. you?" She looked down at the paved sidewalk.

"Same.." He looked out at the streets. They continue to walk in silence. It didn't felt wrong but it wasn't exactly the most enjoyable thing.

"I.. I'm sorry." Jungkook whispered, enough for Saki to hear.

Silence. Once again, she stayed silent.

"I should've told you earlier.. yet I delayed it for whatever reason. Perhaps nervousness?" He rambled on. He eventually told her about the rooftop incident with Nari. She smiled in relief, finally hearing the truth from him. Of course she already knew. Jiyeon already told her a while back before the party. Then Jungkook started rambling about the incident at the party and about being stupid and all that. 

Saki laughed a bit, still looking down. 

"It's okay. It's all in the past." She looked at him and smile. His hand was by his side, slowly making contact with Saki's hand. He wanted to hold her so bad. He wanted to tell him how much he had missed her, how much he loves her and how it's growing stronger for her every single day. But all of that stopped once Saki started talking again.

"Let's just stay friends, yeah?" She gently smile at him but deep down inside, it took her every ounce of courage she had to spit that out. She didn't want it to end that way but it was the hardest decision she had to make. She didn't want to end up crying repeatedly because of Jungkook.

All of a sudden, the warmth that was once surrounding Jungkook disappeared as a slight breeze blew past them. It felt as if he had lost her all at once now. Her hand that is lingering next to him, didn't felt as if it was hanging there. He felt alone and far. Far from her.

"Okay.." Was all he could muster up at this point. He tried his best not to cry in front of her and she tried her best not to let the tears fall.

"Do.. do you like Jimin hyung?" He asked out of the blue. She thought about it. She wanted to say yes so badly. She wanted to return Jimin's love. But she couldn't. She didn't felt the same. It was a pity. He is the perfect guy. 

"I.. I don't know." Saki answered. She didn't want to say no but she couldn't say yes either. She just wanted to keep that thought of Jimin to herself.

Jungkook nodded, looking down. He thought he had lost. At that time, he didn't know what else to do so he gave up. He wanted Saki to be happy but he thought that wasn't possible with him.

"You win." He mumbled. He looked up towards the sky, thinking that somewhere at home, Jimin  could feel Jungkook's defeat. He secretly pleaded Jimin to take care of her for him, knowing that it was something Jungkook couldn't do himself.

"What?" Saki looked at him, confused.

"Nothing. Let's go home. It's getting late." Jungkook finally looked at her, giving her a sad smile with his shining eyes. They weren't shining of happiness. They were shining with tears. Tears that he forced to held in while being around her.

"Yeah.." She managed to squeak out as they head home.

 Jungkook felt torn. Is this what love is supposed to feel like? If that were the case, then he didn't want to live like this at all. It was like his passion. His passion to find love but the fire didn't felt like it was burning at all. 

'I rather die than live without passion.' He thought. And at that moment, it seemed like the brightest idea to him.

They reached home and their silence was immediately filled by the other's loudness.

"There you guys are!" Taehyung laughed loudly as he dragged us both towards the tv where Jimin and Suga were singing their hearts out. Boy was it a sight to see..

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a door bell. 

"Who would that be at this hour?" Jimin paused the song and they all headed towards the door, curious.

He opened the door to see a woman, perhaps in her late 30s.

"Hi there.. me and my husband just moved in a few houses down the street and you guys seem to be the only people up so I thought we would come say hi." She chuckled, smiling kindly at all of them. She was half Korean, half American.

They all did a 90 degree bow and introduced themselves.

"Welcome to our neighborhood." Saki smiled at her.

"Only me and Saki live here, these boys are just our friends." Jimin laughed.

"Saki.. you look and sound awfully familiar." The woman examined the girl in front of her. "So are you and Jimin siblings?"

"Oh no, we're just best friends. My mother passed away and I.. I needed to get away from my father so I moved here with Jimin." Saki smiled lightly. The woman sympathetically smiled at Saki.

"I'm sorry I came here late! There were a few things to pack up in the house." A man in his 40s soon came up beside the woman.

Sakina froze as she heard the too familiar voice. The man look up and stared at the girl beside Jimin.

"Sakina.. Jimin.." The man looked at the two with sad eyes. Sad and sorry eyes. Sakina avoided contact with the two adults as she mumbled something that shocked all of them except for Jimin.

"... Father."