Chapter 1

Long time ago, when the queen's navy ruled... well almost ruled, there was one large group that ruled all of the seven seas... Pirates.

But back to the story.

there was a small island near the cost of Brittan where a small community of people lived, the island was mainly used for passing ships and navy boats to stop for supplies and such. on this island was a little inn that went by the name 'Layla's Inn' where a mother and daughter worked together, and this is where the story starts.

It was a cold and quiet night, it seemed the hall island was inside for the night. then there was a ship, a large ship with dark sails and crooked sides, it was no Navy ship... it was a pirate.

"Mummy! mummy! there's someone coming" little Bethany yelled to her mother as she stared out the window of the inn, watching as a large group of men stomped from their ship all the way to the inn.

"Bethany, get away from the window!" her mother demanded pulling her child away from the window right as the men barge through the door. they all looked pretty scary, each one of them had some sort of scar or missing limp. the scariest one of them all was the one leading them all, he had a giant beard and his black jacket hung from his shoulders all the way to his boots.

"Where's the rum!?" he shouted.

"Bethany go to your room and don't come out" Bethany's mother said as Bethany quickly ran to her room. the pirates eyes watched her scatter off before turning back to Layla with a smirk on his face.

"where's the rum?" he asked again but more settled.

"This inn does not serve pirates"

"Love, we are not pirates, we're just simple sailors who are asking for rum" the other man snickered. Layla stood her ground folding her arms.

"I'm asking you to leave before I call the authorities"

"I really hate asking more then once but..." before Layla could even blink, the pirate had pulled out his pistol and was now pointing it at her head.

"Where's the freaking rum?" he asked once more, the tone in his voice was even more impatient.

"Mummy?" everyone's head turned to Bethany who was peaking her head around the corner.

"Bethany go to your room!" Layla yelled not wanting her daughter to see this. the pirate could see the fear in both their eyes, he grinned evilly before suddenly pulling the trigger. Bethany's eyes widened as she watched her mother fall to the floor with blood dripping from her head.

"MUUUUMM!!!" Bethany screamed quickly rushing to her mother's side, tears pored from her eyes. the pirate laughed with the rest of his crew, Bethany's heart shattered.

"Lets go lads... I'm sure there's rum somewhere in this place" all the men cheered walking out the door, the captain turned back to Bethany smiling at her evilly.

"Ye have a good night missy" he finally left closing the door of the inn behind him. Bethany lifted her mother's head into her lap as the tears flowed down her face. she was alone.