Chapter 3

The sun rose over the island, Bethany's heart once again pounding in her chest. Why am I like this the pirates are gone, there's nothing to be scared of she thought as she carried a small basket of goods to her dear friend Tinana. She worked as a maid in the island's mayor so Bethany would normally come around to see her.

Tinana was already waiting out the back where she had done some washing.

"Tinana" Bethany called out walking over.

"Bethany" Tinana replied happily giving her friend a warm hug, then taking the basket.

"You brought me lunch... Thanks" she said sitting down taking a bit of the bread from the basket.

"You look hungry" Bethany stated sitting next to her.

"What can I say working for the mayor and his bratty kid is hard work" Bethany just giggles.

"But you won't believe what I heard today?"

"What now" Bethany asked rolling her eyes, of course Tinana wanted to gossip, that's the only upside to working for the mayor she usually says.

"Well I heard that last night ... They arrested a pirate! Ah! A pirate, on the island! This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened on the island!" She helped so excitedly for some reason. Bethany froze, it couldn't be that pirate from the inn last night... Could it?

"A pirate you don't say" Bethany looked down to a bit of bread I had in my hand trying not to show her face expression to Tinana, but she noticed.

"Oh Bethany I'm sorry, I forgot how you feel about pirates" Tinana said wrapping her arm around her friend as comfort.

"It's fine really, it's just.... Do you happen to know who this pirate was?"

"No, all I heard was the mayor say a captain Stone or something" Bethany suddenly thought about that night and that captain with the silver tooth and long brown hair and tan skin that looked so smooth..... Stop! What am I thinking!? She hit herself in the head getting her to forget these thoughts.

"Bethany are you alright?" Tinana asked taking a bite of some bread.

"Everything fine.... *cough so do you know what this...pirate did?"

"Look at you, someone's getting into the gossiping" Tinana giggled before continuing.

"Well... I heard that this pirate, Stone or whatever, robbed the mayor's wife but didn't get away from the guards quick enough"

"Oh" of course, topical pirate behaviour. What a brute!

"That's all I heard anyway, why so interested all of a sudden?"

"Oh, no reason just curious that's all.... Anyway I better go, I still have to open the inn before noon and..."

"I get it, go go you have work, and so do I, we'll talk I another time"

"Of course, thanks for understanding" Bethany said giving her friend a hug before taking the empty basket and leaving, but not to the inn.