Chapter 2

Few years had past since the death of Bethany's mother. Bethany had grown into a beautiful woman running the Layla's inn by herself. That morning Bethany went down to the markets to got some stuff for the inn, when there was gossip going around about a new boat at the docks, it had dark sails and a sturdy form.

"Pirates" Bethany said to herself, her heart pounded in her chest. she quickly rushed back to the inn still trying to keep calm. Pirates! not pirates she kept thinking.

"Calm down Bethany... I mean what are the odds that they come to my inn" she said to herself putting the stuff she brought in the back of the inn.

Night arrived and so far the only people that came into the inn were some of the navy's men.

"Maybe I spoke to soon about the pirates" Bethany said to herself, cleaning some of the glasses. suddenly slamming through the door came a large group of men walked into the inn laughing with women by their sides.

"Where's the rum!?" they all cheered. Bethany ducked under the counter, her heart was once again racing, her palms were sweating. Pirates! Pirates! I'm gonna die, Bethany calmed down! she thought trying to slow down her breaths but it wasn't working.

"Come on Beth, you can do this!" she said standing back up. the large group looked a little different from the previous pirates from years ago, the captain was different too, he was a lot younger and his hair was dark brown that went down past his shoulders. Bethany walked up to the group with her hands on her hips and a serious face.

"This inn does not serve pirates" she said firmly. the pirate smirked as his eyes looked at Bethany head to toe. him and his crew walked to a table without saying a word, Bethany was confused, was she not clear or something?

"Um did you not hear me? I said no pirates in my inn"

"Yes I did hear ye and if I see one I'll let them know" the crew started to laugh, Bethany now felt just stupid and annoyed.

"Are you trying to tell me you're not a pirate?"

"That's right me and my men are just honourably navy men" Bethany folded her arms staring at the captain with an unamused look on her face.

"Alright, alright ye got me... we're actually pirates, but if ye give us some of yer rum we'll be out of ye hair"

"If I've said it once I'll say it a again... leave!"

"How dare ye speak to the captain like that!" one of the pirates yelled raising his hand ready to strike her, she flinched closing her eyes waiting for the pain, but it never came. Bethany opened her eyes to see the captain gripping onto the other pirate's hand.

"Now, now why ye wanna do that?" the captain asked letting go of the pirate's hand.

"What's going on over there?" asked one of the navy men as they all turn to the large group. Bethany was about to tell them that they were pirates but she couldn't after what the captain just did for her.

"Oh it's nothing it's just .... I think I've had one too many drinks" Bethany said, she then started wobbling around as if she couldn't stand. the captain giggled before catching her.

"Oh dear, I think it be time for ye to go to bed" he said playing along.

"He is right, hope you have a good night miss" The navy men said before all leaving the inn. Bethany sighed in relief then realised she was still being held in this pirate's arms. she quickly stood back up on her own feet trying to hide her blushing.

"I'll admit ye a pretty good actress" he said with a warm smile.

"Thank you" Bethany said still hiding her face.

"And because ye didn't rat us out, we'll leave" he said as all the crew stood up and walked out the door. the captain followed but not before turning back to Bethany one last time.

"Names Captain Stone"

"Bethany"

"Pretty name" Stone stated before leaving. Bethany's heart started pounding again but it wasn't because of fear.