Chapter 11

Bethany's POV

The sun disappeared behind the sea, it was night and I had been hiding out in Stone's quarters for hours now, not the best place to hide from him I see but it had been working so far. The island and my friend never left my head, they were all I could think about.

"I wish I was home" I said to myself. There was a sudden THUD coming from outside, what was it? I had to know, maybe it was a navy ship, maybe they've come for me. Standing up I carefully made my way to the door, there sounds of laughing and cheering and more thuds.
I slowly opened the door just a bit so I could see what was happening.

"Hahah blaguard!!!" It was stone's voice, there was a large crowd surrounding two Pirates, I couldn't see what though. Taking a little step I opened the door wider and stepped out the room trying to get better look, it wasn't long before I was now fully out of the quarters and now trying to see what was happening.

"Ello lass" I jumped out of my skin, I quickly turned around to see Chuck.

"Oh hello chuck" I say catching my breath.

"Come to see the fight?" He asked.

"Fight?"

"Aye, See every night the captain gives a chance to one of he crew members to beat him in a sword fight, but no one has ever bitten the captain" chuck explained, I nodded my head and turned to Stone fighting with one of the crew members.

No ones POV

"Surrender!" Stone yelled.

"Never!"

"Yer funeral" Stone smirked raising his cutlas and pulling it down on the crew members sword, he had been knocked to the floor and was now only trying to not get hit.

"How about now?"

"I be considering it" the crew member said using all his force to push Stone, it worked but only for a few seconds before Stone got his balance back and started swinging, they fought for hours before stone finally managed to steal his crew member's sword and push him to the deck floor, the battle was over. The whole crew cheered as stone took a bawl then helped his crew member back on his feet.

"Alright Ye scurvy dogs! Who be next!?" He yelled, everyone went silent, after watching Stone demolish that crew member they thought what was the use. Bethany took a deep breath, after watching the, fight she was all excited, on the edge, she raised her hand.

"I'll do it!" She yelled uneasy, everyone turned to her, even Chuck gave her a look like what the hell Ye thinking!?
The whole crew broke out into laughing, Stone even chuckled a bit.

"Ah lass Ye still here" he stated before raising his fist in there air causing all the crew to stop laughing.

"Alright lass, I'll give Ye ago, but I warn Ye I won't go easy" he explained throwing her the other sword. Bethany had only ever fought with a sword once, when she was very little and her mum was dating a navy man, but it was so long ago I hope I can remember how this works she thought raising her sword along with Stone.
Their swords touched, they stared into each other's eyes.

"Ye ready lass?" Stone asked in a deep husky voice, Bethany nodded with a gulp, what has she gotten herself into?

Stone hit her sword with his then swung it around ready to strike her but she quickly blocked it with her sword. This continued for a few minutes before Bethany backed into some barrels, Stone smirked lifting his sword, Bethany quickly jumped onto one of the barrels as Stone tried to get her, he missed and got his sword stuck in the wood of a barrel, Bethany took the chance swiped her sword cutting Stone's wrist, he groaned in pain pulling his sword from the barrel but with blood dripping down his arm. Bethany leaped off the barrel and started swinging her sword at Stone, he quickly started blocking her attacks. Their swords slashed together and their eyes met.

"Surrender?" He asked in that deep husky voice, Bethany smiled at him.

"Never" Bethany felt so confident but not for long, Stone was ten times stronger then her and pushed her to the floor with a THUD!

"Ha ha! I wi....." Stone paused hearing what sounded like whimpering. He turned his head to see Bethany covering her face and... Crying? What did do? Stone thought suddenly feeling guilty.

"Lass? Ye alright?" He asked leaning down putting her hand out hoping she'd grab it. She turned her head and looked at his hand for taking it softly, she looked up at him innocently, her face changed into an evil smile. Gripping onto his hand and pulled over, she quickly got to her feet grabbing her and his sword pointing them both at his neck as he laid on the deck in shock.

"I win" Bethany said happily and in shock, oh my gosh! I won!? I won? Her head was screaming. The whole crew stood in silence for about 5 minutes before they all cheer loudly, they ran towards Bethany lifting her in the air cheering Bethany! Bethany! Bethany!
Bethany felt so weird... Happy, all the crew cheered and pulled out the rum, she turned her head towards Stone who had finally stood up and was clapping along to the cheering.

"Pull out the rum!!" Chuck cheered with all the Pirates opening bottles and barrels sculling them down.

-------time skip-------

The entire crew were now drunk of their asses, even Bethany was a little tipsy from the rum Chuck forced her to drink. After watching the crew laugh, dance and do the most stupidest things, Bethany noticed that there was one person not celebrating with everyone. Where's Stone? She thought looking around hoping to see him, but it was no use he was not around, Bethany looked around the ship for a bit before going to top deck where the stirring wheel was and there she saw Stone holding the wheel in peace away from the craziness.

"Permission to come aboard" she asked, Stone gave her smile.

"Permission granted" he added, Bethany then walked up to him feeling a little guilty that she beat him I hope he's not mad she thought.

"You're not mad are you?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Mad? Why would I be mad?"

"Because... I beat you, smashed you... I - I humiliated you..."

"I get it, I get it but no I'm mad" he smiled.

"In fact I'm impressed, it's nice to know Ye can handle yeself in battle if I not be around" Bethany blushed, there was a harm feeling in her stomach, just like that time in the prison cell. Stone glimpse over to Bethany who was staring at the wheel, he gently took her hand and pulled her towards the wheel where she took the wheel with Stone's hands over her hands.

"Ever stirred a ship before?"

"I've never even left the island until... You know?" She paused seeing the expression on Stone's face.

"But um... It is nice I guess it is nice to get out in the world... Even if it's agents my will... I mean..." She was now just choking on words now, she didn't know what to say, she paused when heard Stone chuckled.

"Ye know ye're cute when Ye stutter" he stated,she started blushing once again. The two stared out onto the ocean while stirring the ship into the dark, star filled sky. Stone moved closer to Bethany holding her hands tightly, his breathe down her neck sending shivers down her spine, Bethany looked up at him, her eyes gleamed with the moon light. She's so beautiful he thought leaning closer to her ready to plant a kiss on her red lips. Bethany quickly shifted her head so that he didn't. His heart broke but he didn't show it.

"So um...tomorrow, the ship stops at a port, there's a ship there that usually stops at the island before heading to England, if Ye want, ye may take that ship back home... Ye have my word I will not stop Ye"  Bethany could see the expression on his face, it killed him to say all that but she was too over joyed to say anything about it.

"You mean it?" She asked not turned around looking up at him.

"Aye" he says in a depressed tone, Bethany's face beamed, she could finally go home to the inn and to her friends.

"Thank you, thank you" she cheered happily about to walk away when she saw how sad Stone looked I've never seen that face before? Especially on him she thought turning back towards him giving him a kiss on the cheek then running back to the captain's quarters for the night.