Chapter 10

Hours had past, Bethany all that time had sat on one of the barrels filled with rum or something like that, staring over the ship out to the sea, thinking about the island, Tinana, the inn, her mother.... She missed them all so much.

"Lass!" She turned her head to see none other than the horrible, pig headed captain who is the source of all her suffering, captain stone.

"Whachya Ye doin?" He asked sitting on the barrel across from her with a bottle rum in his hand. Bethany kept silent continuing to stare at the sea.

"Ye still mad at me?" He asked, still no response.

"Ye know, whenever I'd be pissed at something, there's a cure that I know works 100% of the time" Bethany slowly turned her head towards him becoming a little interested. Stone grinned before showing her his rum bottle of course she thought before grabbing the bottle and sculling some.

"Woe lass, that's probably not a good idea..." It was too late she had suddenly coughed the rum down, oh my gosh! My throat is on fire! She screamed in her head as Stone chuckled taking back the now half filled bottle of rum.

"Feel better?"

"No"

"Well Ye takin to me now, so I feel much better" he smirked standing then started drinking the rum. Bethany was even more angry than before and it might have been the rum in her system but she really wanted to give this pirate a peace of her mine.

"You know what...." She paused, she couldn't do it, but she had his attention.

"Yes lass, Ye have something you want to say?" He flashed another one of those annoying smirks, oh how much she wanted slap it right off his face.

"I...I..." Just say it, what have you dot to lose?

"I want to go home!" She finally managed to say.

"Sigh* I though we just went through this, it's a little late, Ye should have said something before"

"Oh I'm sorry I was to busy trying get free from being kidnapped!"

"That sounds terrible" he said sarcastically before walking off, Bethany wasnt going to give up that easily she stood up and followed him.

"You're unbelievable!"

"How so?"

"You kidnapped me! You brute, you devil, you... You... Pirate!"

"That's what I am love, and like I said before, there's no such this as a good pirate" his face was no only centre metres away from her face.

"I hate you" she said staring deep into his eyes, he chuckled leaning away from her.

"Hates a strong word love"

"I hope this ship sinks and we all die"

"Woe now lass, it's one thing to insult the captain, but to hope hell on his ship and crew is another" he was becoming more serious.

"Is that the sound of ... Caring? I didn't realise you were capable of such things" Bethany noticed he went from serious to suddenly angry, Is what she said actually affecting him?

"Ye know lass, if yer so desperate to leave why don't Ye take a row boat and leave, I won't stop Ye" and like that he stormed off, this was a first seeing like this. Bethany turned towards the row boat, she could go home now. She kneeled down to untie the knots but there were done super tight.

"Argh! You ties these knots, there impossible!" She growled angrily.

"That be I" Bethany turned to see an old looking man with one leg walking her way.

"Who are you?" She asked but was unable to stop staring at the wooden leg.

"Ye asking me or my leg?" She quickly looked away from the leg and up at the man.

"Sorry"

"No problem, my name is chuck by the way"

"Bethany"

"Oh I know who you are, everyone on this ship knows who you are" Bethany blushed, everyone!

"Let me help Ye with these ropes" he kneeled down undoing the knots, Bethany couldn't help but to continue staring at his leg, how did it happen, in fight? Shark bit it off?

"Is was a stormy day, we were fighting an English navy ship and during this my leg got crushed between the two ships, ripped my leg right off" Bethany gulped could be he read my mind, is he a wizard or something!?

"The ships finally separated leaving me to fall into the dark cold ocean, I would've died if Stone hadn't jumped in to get me"

"He did that?" She was a little shocked at this, this pig headed, smirking pirate saved one of his crew members, maybe he is capable of caring for someone other than himself?

"All done" Chuck said standing back up.

"Thank you"

"Well, safe journey, captain sure is gonna miss Ye"

"Yeah, without me who's life he gonna make hell?" Chuck giggled a bit.

"He has a funny way of showing affection I'll say that, but he really does fancy Ye" Bethany blushed but quickly shook it off.

"He's a pirate, he'll just go kidnap another poor helpless girl"

"I've known Stone for a long time and I know he doesn't just kidnap any poor helpless girl" Bethany faced Chuck as he gave her a wink.

"Well the boats untied Ye only miles away from absolute freedom" Chuck stood there watching. Bethany looked out to the ocean, there was nothing around, no land or ships, she wouldn't even know where home is, it wasn't smart for her to just paddle into know where.

"What ya waiting for lass?" Chuck asked. Bethany sighed as she started to re tie the boat back to its post.

"It would be unwise to leave with no clue where I'm going" she stated not making eye contact but she could hear him silently chuckling.

"Alright, what ever the captain's lass wants" she stated walking off, Bethany looked back out to the ocean, at this point she'll never see that island again.