03 | Phone

Maya

She sat on the edge of the couch. Anthony and Bree were sound asleep, and Lucas had left five minutes ago to go see Riley. Maya sat down with her pen in one hand and her notebook on her lap as she sang quietly to herself.

"I hate you. I love you. I hate that I love you. I try to put I can't put anyboy else above you..." She sang to herself as she wrote down a picture of a boy and a girl holding hands. That's really all she ever wanted, but her life was so abnormal she'd never get that typical, normal, american teenage relatoionship.

She frowned and looked up as the front door opened. Her mother walked inside the house, looking tired as usual. She set her purse down on the floor and collapsed on the couch. Maya giggled to herself and put a blanket on her mother. She kissed her mother's head and went into her bedroom.

The walls of her bedroom were painted a beautiful lavendar shade. The carpet was a light mint green, and her curtains were a match to them. Her desk was painted white, and her nightstand was as well. She opened her white closet doors and looked through her closet for something to wear.

She finally satisfied herself when she put on black ankle socks, sky blue shorts, and a black tank top. She put on a sly blue cotton cardigan that was thin- she didn't even feel comfortable looking at her own body... let alone showing some clevage. She walked to her bed and took one of her melatonin and drank her cup of water before turning off her lamp. The base of the lamp was white, but the lamp shade had lavendar and light mint green stripes.

Her bed had white sheets and lavender pillow cases and comforter. She pulled the sheets up and crawled in her bed while grabbing her scrunchie off the table and sighing to herself. She made a mistake, and everyone geta punished when they make mistakes.

She knew somewhere in her heart, though, that Anthony & Bree weren't punishment. They were gifts. Well, they'd be gifts when they didn't wake her up at 3 in the morning every day.

They were only 11 months old though. It was 3 weeks until their first birthday. Maya was a little bit excited they'd spend their first birthday with their dad. In fact, she was excited. Their first birthday together... like a normal family.

That's all Maya could ever want.

========

Wow, we got nominated for 2 Lucaya Awards.
Be sure to go vote for Kissing You by my best friend _Broken_Pancake because we really need your help! So many of you have been helping and thank you so much. She's been waiting for this all year.

And thank you.

Thank you for being you.