06 | Mayee

Maya

She laid down on her bed and just stared at the ceiling with both her hands on her stomach. Unfortunately, she had just realized what the world really was. The world was cruel, and mean. Now Maya had realized that. She wanted to take it all back. She wanted that one night back... just that one.

Everything hurt as she thought. Her head banged. Her ears throbbed. Her red eyes weren't pouring the salty tears they once were. Maya had gotten her sanity back when she got home. She turned her head when she looked to the wall beside her. She looked beside her and saw her blond hair was laid out all around her.

She looked back up at the ceiling and felt a single tear drop from her left eye before she got back up again. She got off her bed and walked into the nursery with trembling hands. She wasn't going to hurt hem, she would never be so foolish. Maya walked into the nursery and saw Bree was standing in her bed with both hands on the bars.

Maya giggled, "Well, hello to you too." She picked up her daughter and put her on her hip and kissed her cheek. "So nice to see you, really. Mommy needs you right now." She rocked back and forth and looked to Anthony. He was sound asleep in his crib. Maya smiled to herself and looked to Bree. "Girl talk."

"Mama." Bree said, putting her head down on her mother's chest and sighing lightly. Maya smiled. Her daughter always seemed to know how to make her feel better. She loved her kids. They were her everything... she just wished they had a different father.

"That's me." Maya said, putting her chin lightly on her baby girl's head and rocking lightly to herself. She sighed and rubbed her thumb on Bree's back. "I love you baby."

"I wove you too Mama." Bree said, before sneezing and snuggling into Maya's shoulder. Maya walked back into her room and laid in bed, holding Bree close to her. Bree snuggled into Maya's chest and sneezed again.

Maya giggled and pulled the covers over Bree and herself. It was just her and her daughter. Maya wrapped her arms around her baby and kissed her head, before falling into a deep sleep.

========

QOTC: Who else is siked for Smoke and Fire?!