08 | Lies

Riley

She walked down the street with books clutched in her hand. Her legs moved in a pattern as she walked. Left, right, left, right. She went inside an old apartment and sighed. Now was the time. The time to act, and to tell. She set her books down on the table. "I'm here."

Farkle walked out of the hallway door and looked to Riley. He sighed and walked over to her. "I heard about what happened at school? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am." Riley said. Farkle wrapped his arms around her and held her close. She always felt safest in his arms. "I have to tell you something before you find out the wrong way."

"You're pregnant with Lucas's child." Farkle said, looking down at her with hurt in his eyes. Riley looked up at him and began to silently cry. She had to tell him.

"No, I'm not... It's not his." She said, burrying her head in his chest and letting the tears fall. She looked up. "It's yours."

Farkle let go of her and jumped back. She stepped back. That scared her, a lot. Was he mad? Upset? Her heart raced at the same pace as Farkle's.

"It's mine?" Farkle asked. Riley nodded slowly, biting her lip. She only told Lucas it was his because she wanted him to snap out of his Maya phase.

Riley looked down to the ground with tears in her eyes. "Yeah, a Minkus baby. Remember that night, 3 months ago, when I thought Lucas liked someone else and I came over and we..."

"Yeah, I remember. You got pregnant from that?" Farkle asked nervously. Riley, scared, nodded.

"I did." She said. "And I'm not sure what to do. I told Lucas it was his because I wanted him to snap out of his Maya phase... but it's not a phase. Still he was mad at me for hurting her, even aftet I told him that."

"Riley, I love you but what you did to Maya was wrong and you need to go apologize." Farkle said.

She looked down to her feet before smiling. "Yeah... I need to apologize."

=========

QOTC: Do you think Riley feels bad, or do you think it's an act?