12 | Torture

Riley

She snuck around the bend and tip toed into the house. She dove inside the door and shut it behind her. Farkle sat on the other side, looking at his phone. He looked up. "Hey sweet cheeks." He turned his phone off.

Riley sighed, "Hello Farkle." She said, sitting down. "I did something.... Something I may regret."

Maya

Maya sighed and woke up, looking around her room. She sighed and pulled her knees to her chest and thought. She forgave Lucas. She let him become part of the family like she always wanted.

She got out of the bed and got quickly dressed (image above) before going into the kitchen and eating breakfast. She looked to see her mom sound asleep on the couch. Maya wrote a note saying she was leaving for school before running outside to her car.

She got in and pulled out of the driveway. She drove down the street and pulled into the parking lot. She parked and got out of her car, walking into the school. Maya wrapped her brown messenger bag around her hand as she walked to her locker and put her books inside.

She walked off to class, seeing Riley was staring at her before whispering to her cronies. Farkle looked at Riley and raised an eyebrow. Maya just ignored it and walked away - she didn't need the drama. It was finally a good day for her and nobody was going to ruin it.

Not even Riley.

Maya sat down in the classroom and saw Lucas walk in. He sat down right behind Maya and kissed the back of her head. Maya turned in her seat and she smiled. "What was that for, Huckleberry?"

"I have to tell you something after school." He said. "And... Ask you something."

"Okay." Maya nodded and turned back in her seat again. She looked over and saw Riley had a bag of rubber bands right next to her pencil case. Riley took one out and casually swung it between her two fingers as if she was ready to shoot one.

Maya turned in her chair before feeling something snap against her head. She turned and saw a rubber band on the ground behind her chair. Riley's hands were empty.

"Childish way of hurting somebody, what a joke." She muttered, turning back in her chair. She sat forward and thought about Anthony and Bree and Lucas.

That's when she realised it...

She had feelings for Lucas.

She sat back in her chair and that's Riley slammed a rubber band once again into her temple. Maya hissed, putting her hands on her head and trying to hide the pain.

All day long, Riley was shooting rubber bands, tripping, or casually shoving Maya in the hallways. Maya didn't care. She needed to talk to Lucas after school. She was excited.

That's when she felt a pair of cold hands touch her, then slam her up against the locker. Maya looked at who it was.

"Charlie?!"