•5• late night intruder

It has been 20 minutes since I watched the news and I'm pacing like an idiot.

I was angry at Amaris for even insisting the situation was romantic, embarrassed that it even happened, but, I'm mostly scared that, even though Amaris used a fake name, people would put the pieces together and realize she lied.

If villains like luminescence want to get revenge on the supers of the town, surely Orbits supposed lover would be a perfect target.

My breathing hitched as I heard something hit the window, then I dismissed it as nerves. When the sound was consistent, I decided it could be one of three things: some guy hitting rocks at the window to profess his undying love for me, a villain wanting to capture me, or a superhero wanting to chat.

I dismissed the first thought instantly. The only guy I know is Lawson and he's most likely planning to do that for Amaris in the near future. My second thought wasn't likely; why would a super villain knock on my window? Wouldn't they just barge in and do whatever they want?

Once I got within a few feet of said window, I got down on my hands and knees and crawled because I'm paranoid like that.

Cautiously peering over the side, I was relieved to see the familiar shining midnight-blue and black spandex of the one and only Orbit. I unlocked the hinges and opened it to let him in, hoping to clear up this whole mess.

"Hey," He said once he was halfway through the window, grunting when his leg got caught on a tree branch.

"Why didn't you come in through the front door?" I asked, dumbstruck.

"Wouldn't want people finding out Ashley is Ashlyn." He smiled sheepishly.

"How do you know where I live?" I realize pummelling him with questions isn't ideal right now considering he was stuck in a second story window, but I had to know.

"Curiosity killed the cat." He used his oh-so powerful gravity powers to get his leg out of the tree.

"But satisfaction brought it back." I replied, smirking. He's not the only one who can quote Eugene O'Neill.

"Fine," before he could finish the sentence, he slipped on the window sill and almost landed face-first on the carpet, but used his powers to, once again, save himself from becoming a total clutz, "I'm a trust worthy superhero, I am able to obtain records on people, Ashlyn Estelle Calloway," he winked.

"Stalker much? I'm actually considering pushing you back out the window," I said smugly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Please don't." He stood up, taking a long breath.

"You don't climb through windows often, do you?" I laughed as he bent over to catch his breath.

"What gave me away?" He chuckled.

"Maybe the fact that your hunched over and basically wheezing even though you have powers?" I shrugged.

"Yeah, Redux is more skilled at this stuff," He asserted. We both cringed, "It isn't as creepy as it sounds."

"Did you catch the news?" I changed the subject, walking back towards the living room.

"Yeah, that's why I came actually." He followed.

"I'm about ready to snap Amaris' neck. She knows I hate supers." I sat down on the sofa and fiddled with the television remote.