•17• damn splinters

I changed the ending of chapter 16 about an hour after I posted it... If you're confused as to what's going on, that's why. So Sorry!

___________________
"What do you mean there's no pulse?!" I shrieked, knocking Gold out of the way so I could feel Sterlings' wrist. I waited for the indication of his heart thumping. And waited. And waited. Nothing.

"He can't be dead... What the hell? I mean, he's Redux. A healing super."

"Heart attack from eating too much ice cream?" Gold guessed.

"I didn't think death by icecream is a real thing." I frowned, "do something!"

"Like what?!" Gold waved his arms frantically.

"I don't know, CPR?" I placed both hands on his chest and pushed.

"You're doing it wrong!" Gold shoved me out of the way and knelt down beside Sterling, he placed both hands, stacked together, on the center of Sterling's' chest and started doing compression. He counted to thirty under his breath before gently tilting Sterling's head back and lifting his chin forward, Gold placed his ear beside Sterling's mouth, checking for a breath that wasn't there. He wiped away the chocolate saliva before performing mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Suddenly, seconds after the mouth to mouth contact, Sterling's' eyes flew open and Gold was outside.

"What..." Sterling gasped for air, "the actual fuck! Was he just kissing me?!" He screeched, wiping his mouth and tongue with the back of his sweater.

"N-no," I stuttered, "he was doing CPR... You didn't have a pulse..." I trailed off.

If Sterling heard me, he didn't acknowledge it, instead he shook his head back and forth like a dog and rubbed the tip of his finger. "Damn splinter." He hissed.

"What do you mean, splinter?" I asked.

Sterling stopped shaking his head, his pupils were dilated and his eyes were glazed over when he looked at me. "Remember what I told you when I got shot?"

"Even the smallest of things," I recited his words, "even that small, huh?" I asked, feeling a mix of shock, annoyance and relief.

"Yuppers." He placed two hands on the floor and lifted himself up, he grimaced as soon as he stood straight, "damn."

"What's wrong?" I asked, frowning.

"I shit myself." He sighed, waddling off, legs spread apart, into another room. As soon as he was out of sight, I heard something, close to the sound of a dying animal, outside. I cursed and ran to Gold, taking a shortcut through the teenager-sized hole in the wall, who made no effort in moving the bricks off of himself.

"Are you okay?" I chuckled nervously, wiping some dust off his cheek. I was suddenly captivated by the way the sun was hitting his face, revealing hidden freckles and long, dark lashes. His mask came off completely, but he was wearing a smaller one around his eyes for reassurance, incase his defence glow doesn't kick in. Sterling rips off Golds' mask ever-so-often when he isn't paying attention. Gold groaned again.

"I'll take that as a no." I rested a hand on his back, but he jolted away, his face contorted in pain.

"Is it possible to break every bone in your body at once?" Gold winced. I lifted his head to see the damage a super could get from flying head first into a brick wall. I gasped.