•13• spectral

"Why do you want me to wear this?" I asked when Sterling handed me the baggiest pair of sweats I've ever seen.

"Unlike myself," Sterling pointed to his chest proudly, "Blinky has morals, he won't hit a girl so he won't fight as hard to win, and in the end, you both won't get the training you guys need to fight Momentum." He explained.

"How very Mulan of you." I mused.

"Nice metaphor." He grinned.

"Actually, it's a comparison." I correct him; he shrugged it off, "and what's this?" I asked, pointing to a small box connecting to the cowl because I just had to hide my hair.

"Voice modulator," he answered, tugging on the corner of his mask, "try it out." I picked up the mask and slipped it on, it smelled like vanilla and sweat.

"Testing." I said; Sterling guffawed, "Sterling! This makes me sound like I smoke fifty packs a day, it's too deep!" I whined.

"Which is why it's perfect." He clapped his hands together as if he were the smartest man in the world, "suit up, Blinky'll be here in five." He pushed me into his bedroom and slipped on his mask.

It didn't take very long to get dressed, the sweater fit over my outfit, as did the pants. I felt like I grew a few sizes, somewhat close to a sumo wrestler.

"Blinky's here!" Sterling announced, banging on the door.

"Coming!" I called. When I opened the door, sure enough, two supers were standing there waiting for me.

"Blinky, meet..." He paused, thinking of a name, "Ghost"

"Ghost?" I asked, wrinkling my nose. I had a horrendous fear of ghosts when I was younger because of Alden and his pranks.

"Yeah, it's badass." He smirked, "don't worry, it'll never get close to being as bad as Golden Sparkler!" he laughed, receiving a groan from said super himself.

"And Ghost, meet Golden Sparkler." Sterling finished after his laughter died down. Golden Sparkler gave me a curt nod which I returned.

"So, why is he here again?" Gold asked, his head snapped to me, quickly after he closed his mouth, "that came out wrong," he frowned, "I only meant it as-"

"-Christ, just shut up!" Sterling interrupted, Gold closed his lips into a thin line and nodded, "he's here because he can phase, if he were to control his powers properly, the idea is that he'll be able to phase through whatever Momentum throws at him." Sterling said, emphasizing the fact that I'm 'male' a little too much.

"How experienced is he?" Gold asked Sterling, scratching his chin in thought.

"Not that much," Sterling frowned, "if you ask me, he's a waste of an amazing power."

"He, is standing right here." I rolled my eyes, not taking Sterlings comment to heart.

"I know." Sterling smirked.

"Ass." I muttered, Gold heard me and nodded in accord; Sterling, oblivious to our silent agreement, continued on.

"We're going to start with some fighting," he said punching the air, beginning his walk to the field, "no powers until I say so."