•24• identification

Whether his defence didn't show up because he wasn't wearing his suit, or if it was because he's been glowing for the past thirteen days and all his juices have run dry, I still gawked at him as if he were an alien.

He had brown disheveled hair,  thick eyebrows of the same colour, a sharp, square jawline, and freckles running up the bridge of his snub nose. His eyes, which I could swear we're brown when I last saw him, were the electrifying gold I'm so used to seeing behind masks.

"Ashlyn?" He said again, my face remained frozen, trailing over his features. Two dimples appeared when he smiled awkwardly.

He looked towards the floor, pausing when he saw that his hands weren't glowing anymore. He held them up, as if he were trying to get a better look at them. "Oh." He mumbled, then looked at me, his eyes wide, "oh."

He blinked.

I blinked.

"This was not supposed to happen!" He exclaimed, "I was planning to invite you out somewhere and then," he squinted his eyes and scratched his neck, "okay, I didn't really plan it yet, with the Cyrus thing going on, but it was going to definitely going to happen, and then I'd say something like hi I'm Golden Sparkler. Then show you incase you didn't believe me, because you've been fed lies."

"So Graham really is-"

"A mind reader?" He scowled, "yeah."

We stood in silence for a few more minutes, until he reached out, grabbed my hand, and shook it. "Hi, I'm Skyler." He said casually, "wanna go get some pizza sometime? No olives?" He wiggled his eyebrows, then frowned. "Sorry." He apologized, "I don't like awkward silences very much, and I tend to ramble if I'm nervous." He nibbled on his lower lip, and peeked up at me through his dark lashes.

"You're nervous?" I asked.

He let out a breath of hot air. "Very."

"Then why aren't you glowing?"

He lifted up his hands again, "I'm not entirely sure, to be honest."

"Do you think it'll come back?" I asked; he shrugged.

"I don't want it to, to be honest." I said, and reached over to hug him. "I'm just glad I know." I said into his shoulder.

Skyler relaxed, "yeah. Me too." He wrapped his arms around me, and we stayed that way for a few minutes.

A knock on my window made us jump apart, before it opened wide, and Sterling came crawling in, landing on his head and breaking yet another screen. He wasn't dressed in his Redux costume anymore, but dry crusted blood was still smudged on his face.

"Fucking Cyrus." He panted, dragging his other leg through. "Too much of a coward to face me himself. I mean, how dare he dart me?" Only after he was fully inside, did he see Skyler in the room.

"You didn't tell me you were having company." Sterling narrowed his eyes, noticing we weren't very far apart, "Gold goes missing for two weeks, and you're already cheating on him."

For the first time ever, I saw Skyler blush instead of glow.

"Sterling, what kind of sleeping pills did you give Gold?" I asked, still mesmerized by this new found discovery.