•9• lightbulb

"It's your fault." Sterling accused when he marched to my locker once school ended.

"What's my fault?" I asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Lawson! He knows and it's your fault!" He huffed, running a hand through his hair, wincing when it got caught on one of his many curls.

"How do you know he knows for sure?" I narrowed my eyes at his icy tone.

"In chemistry he got all questiony," Sterling grimaced, "and he only asked the questions someone asks if they think your a superhero."

"What questions do you ask someone if you think they're a superhero?" I dump my books in my locker, too lazy to arrange them nicely.

"I don't remember!" He threw his hands in the air, exasperated, "he's just-"

"Could Momentum be Cyrus?" I blurted out, stopping Sterling before he could rant anymore about the importance of secret identities.

"No," he shook his head, "Mind Control is Mental Manipulation, it messes with your mind, makes you see things, do things and so on. Telekinesis is another form of mind power altogether, you can't have two different types of mind power," He rambled.

"But it's a possibility?" I inquired, "he might have two different types of mind powers?"

"That's highly un- woah," he rubbed his stomach, "okay, uh, got to go, see you later." He rushed out the front doors just his my super senses began kicking in.

Looks like Momentum is striking again.

*

As soon as I got home, I ran to the TV and tuned into Westlake Evening News, commonly known as WE News. They were showing a video of Orbit, he had just stopped some sort of robbery. Even though the footage was grainy, I could still see his unique, lopsided, goofy grin and couldn't help myself from thinking why hadn't I figured it out sooner. The headline read Our brave hero will be forever remembered and missed by everyone.

It was the little things like that which bothered me. Brave hero was only a small part of him, he was always so much more.

He was the type of guy who let you wear his comfiest and baggiest sweater when you were sick, or, any day for that matter; the type of guy who only brings his 'hot' friends over when you're binge-watching TV in duck pyjamas with zit cream all over your face. It didn't take much to persuade him into being a guest at your imaginary tea party, a princess in a pillow castle, or a runway model when you wanted to play dress up.

He was a hero in so many ways and he's only remembered for being a fallen protector of the city.

Nobody knows Alden was Orbit, I know that, but they can at least consider the possibility he had a family; that flying around and fighting crime wasn't his whole life.

Suddenly, the video was cut short and the live feed from a helicopter popped up, focusing on someone standing amidst many floating cars. He wore a charcoal black suit that sparkled around his torso, a cowl that covered his whole head, except for his eyes, and a burgundy cape on his back, that danced in the wind. He had an 'M' on his chest the same colour of his cape. I can only presume him to be Momentum, though his outfit is a tad extreme.