{ Take 18 }

For the past 2 days yang has been distant, again. She still doesn't forgive herself even though I forgave her. And in 2 days, we have to face Adam or he will come to us. I'm scared out of my mind.

I lay in the middle of yang's bed, staring up at the ceiling. She's at the gym doing her boxing lessons but hasn't come back for hours. And she left around 1pm.

It's now around 8 pm. Dark has already set in and it was silent in the apartment. A silence I didn't like. It was lonely. It felt off without yang here. It felt... Empty.

I sit up, my ears picking up the sounds of a lock being opened. I gasp lightly, fear now taking over my mind. I look around quickly, looking to see if there was a spot to hide.

I heard soft footsteps and the whispers of two people. I scramble off the bed, and towards the desk. I silently hop off the bed and slide under the desk, pulling the drum seat closer.

The whispers come clear as their footsteps near. My eyes widen, sweating from nervousness. I sniff the air, trying to recognise their scents.

Wait a second.... That smells like-

" Goddamnit Ruby! Why the hell are we even doing this in the first place? ".

I sigh relived it wasn't one of adam's men. I heard the door click open and I quickly get out from under the desk. I was only wearing shorts and one of yang's shirt, how presentable.

" Because! We need to tell yang about the- Oh, Hi Blake! ".

I stood there with my arms crossed. The two stood at the door with nervous expressions. Ruby nervously smiling and giving me a small wave.

" Tell yang about what? ". I said plainly. Ruby's eyes widen and she looked at her wife then me. " Uhhhh.... J-just the letter she sent us ". She said stammering.

" Oh my god Ruby.... ". Weiss muttered with a face palm. My eyes widen as Ruby takes out an envelope with a cursive A on it. But in red.

" W-why do you have that? ". I stammer fearfully. She frowns and I back up into the bed. " We found it in the mail today. We thought you knew who it was because it has your name in the back ". She said turning it around.

My breath hitched as my name was written out in perfect calligraphy. It was a pitch black, my color. But it frightened me.

" Blake? Why are you so scared of this? ". Weiss asked with her arms crossed. A lump was caught in my throat, causing me to not be able to speak. I stare at the envelope in Ruby's hands, knowing the message was for me.

" What's wrong? ". Weiss said seriously. Ruby looked down at the envelope then me. I gulp nervously, feeling hot. Damnit, why isn't yang here?!?

" It's just an envelope ". Ruby said as she started to rip it open. I gasp lightly, my hands trembling. Weiss looked at me worryingly but all I felt was fear. Like everything around me is closing in towards me.

When she took out the letter, she unfolded it. Then she proceeded to read it outloud:

" This is for specifically for Blake, but as well as you, Mrs and Mrs Schnee Rose. As well as Xiao Long.

You have two days to give me my cat and no one will get hurt. If you don't give me my pet before Sunday, me and my men will track you all down and kill you.

- WhiteFang.... ".

Ruby's voice trailed off into a low whisper. Weiss's eyes were as wide as dinner plates as Ruby looked utterly in shock. I start panting, my whole body trembling.