{ Take 37 }

" Speed, is the key, to silent movement. One wrong step, and your done for ".

There was blood. So much blood.

" Use your strength. Your semblance and your aura to defeat the enemies. Take it out on them ".

So many innocents... Killed.

" Track their moves, patterns, their weakness ".

I didn't realise how much I missed my old self.

" This is war. You must act, breath, and live how we live. To sacrifice for your comrades and risk your own life, for your country ".

I never even liked this country. I used to, but that was the past. Yeah, The past.

" You destroy your old self. Destroy every thing you have been attached to, every thing that means something to you. Nothing in this world matters anymore  ".

I am nothing but a war weapon. A toy that has been manipulated as a hardcore, heartless soldier. And what's worse, I adapted to it. I fell under their control.

" You will kill everyone on sight. Grimm, the enemy, anyone who is a threat to us. You will do it, do I make myself clear? ".

And I hate myself for it.

" Yes, sir ".

I have almost completed the 4 year acquirement, before I leave Europe and go back home. Just two more months, and I am free. Not really, actually.

" You called me, sir? ". I said in a flat tone of voice. I stood up straight with my hands behind my back. I stood Infront of his desk, inside the general's quarters.

" Why yes. You do know that it is almost the end to our agreement? ". He spoke, leaning forward on his desk. I nod, looking at him with a blank stare.

" Thanks to you, and our army, we have won the remnant war. The Grimm population has been almost extinct and our enemies are eliminated. Leaving the rest of the world, free to expand ". He spoke with a proud tone of voice.

Who would be proud of killing almost a nation of innocent people?

" And for that, I am letting you go ". He spoke and I was caught off guard. I furrow my brows in confusion. I was at a loss of words.

" E-excuse me, sir? ". I stammer. He leaned back into his chair, giving me a small smile. " You heard right, soldier. I am letting you go. You have done far quite enough these past three years ". He said with a nice tone.

I stare at him with disbelief. Processing what he just said. " W-what? ". I stammer once more. He chuckled, standing up from his chair.

" Your things have already been set on the main ship, back to Vale. The army and I will wish you the best wishes ". He said putting his hand to his forehead in a salute.

I regain my composure and salute back. I nod to him as I turn around and walk out of his quarters. I let out a large breath I didn't know I was holding.

" See ya, blondie! ".

" Good luck cadet! ".

" Have fun... At least ".

I look toward my other comrades. The people who I made friends with. They all wave to me as I walk down the aisle of large camp tents.

" Long! Wait up! ". I heard a familiar voice call out. I stop, looking over my shoulder to see who it was. A small smile plays on my lips as I see, Leonhardt, run up to me with her duffle bag and backpack.