Black Cat Reaper Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Moonlit Walk

Toshiro's POV

"All right, let the konso begin so we can all go home", Abarai says, trying to pick up the pace.

I look up at Train who tilts his to the side like a child. "What's a konso?"

"It's a technique we shinigami use to guide lost souls such as yourself into the Soul Society. You humans call it "Heaven". Abarai quotes his fingers over the word 'Heaven'. "So be a good little spirit and put Captain Hitsugaya down. You need to pass on."

"Wait, if you guys are his allies then why didn't you come to help him?" Train blurts out.

The four of them look at Heartnet as if he is telling a lie. They turn to me to verify the information. My answer is giving them a cold-hearted glare. Simultaneously they all take one step away from Train and me. It appears they understand that I really had been in trouble (the blood from my chest and back help too).

Abarai, Kuchiki, and Matsumoto go in front and bow before me. "PLEASE FORGIVE US! WE DIDN'T REALIZE YOU WERE IN DANGER!" I blink in confusion.

"That can't be possible. I was using at least 1/3 of my spiritual pressure to summon some assisstance. I couldn't use my soul pager to communicate with all of you because-" I am not able to finish my sentence since I keep struggling to free myself from Heartnet's grip. The affect from the struggle causes my back and chest wounds to ache. No matter how hard I struggle Heartnet still has a firm grip on me.

"Take it easy Toshiro. You've been through a lot after what happened", he says soothingly, calming me down. After hearing his voice I easily calm myself. He sighs and looks back to the others. "First, Toshiro needs medical attention. Fast."

They all stood and Kuchiki stepped forward. "I'll call Orihime and tell her to meet us at Urahara's store."

"Do you mean 'Urahara's Candy Store'?" I se Heartnet raise an eyebrow.

"Yes. The shop owner is a soul reaper. He may have answers to your endless amount of questions."

"Okay. I'll just run over there. It's no big deal."

Kurosaki steps up with a scowl on his face, and Hell broke loose. "Hell no. Do you have any idea how many hollows can go after you? Especially with an injured captain! If any hollows were to go after you in Toshiro's bad predicament then you're in deep shit! Besides, there's no way a mere soul such as yourself can outrun a shinigami."

I let out a low, threatening growl. "For God's sake Kurosaki! It's Captain Hitsugaya! Captain!"

This only irritates Kurosaki even more. "What? But he called you Toshiro and you never corrected him!"

"Because, Kurosaki, Heartnet saved my life from those hollows. I think he deserves it."

"Don't tell me you like the guy or something!"

Rangiku squeals as I blush. "What gave you that outlandish idea?" I yell. My mind comes up with an explanation but somehow my mouth can't seem to cooperate with my brain. I struggle once more even though I'm still in pain. No matter what, Heartnet still has a firm grip on me.

He looks back on them and says, "I'm going whether you like it or not. It's better than doing nothing while Toshiro's losing a lot of blood! So, if you will excuse me." In no time he runs past them with me out of there too. I know by now that Kurosaki will run behind us. At least that's what I think, until Heartnet somehow manages to give him the slip. After about five minutes, Heartnet starts walking since we're only a couple blocks away from Urahara's.