Black Cat Reaper Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Cat's Inner World

Train's POV

I opened my eyes after what seems like an hour has all ready been pass by. My gaze ended facing the moon, which it's odd since I don't remember ever deciding to sleep on the roof. And that's not half of what I saw when I sat up. I was looking at a red rose garden filled with some small ruins and a Cupid water fountain in the center. What amazed me the most is how big the garden seem, like a never ending land. I straightened myself up and started walking toward the fountain. Am I dreaming? Or this is somehow a prank the soul reapers do before he/she enters the academy? I touched the water in the fountain. Hmm, it's cold but it feels like any water I feel in a park fountain. I retracted my hand and dried it off with my white shirt. I looked at the roses again until I saw one that caught my eye. There was one single rose that stands out. It was a single lavender rose.

"Why would there be a one lavender rose in the middle of a garden full of red roses?" I thought out loud.

"That is a very good question indeed, Milord." It was the same voice who spoke to me before. Only now her voice seem more present than in my thought, like she's standing behind me. I turned around and I saw a woman around my age. She was pretty tan with dark eyes, which is hard to tell. She had blue black hair that reach the middle of her back. The back of her hair was pulled unto a high ponytail while the rest hung loose and two fashionable Japanese chopsticks were in her scrunchy. She wore a park purple ninja outfit with purple shoulder length gloves, knee high socks and black sandals. Oh, did I mention she has cat ears and a dragon tail... WHOA SHE'S A DRAGON CAT PERSON! "Not to sound rude, Lord Train, but I can hear your thought since we are the same being."

"We are?" I asked her.

"Of course we are."

"Wait, you must be the female version of me!"

"Okay, no. I mean I'm more like your instincts."

"My instincts a girl?"

She palm slapped herself as she lets out an agitated sigh. "Forget the fact I'm a female for a few seconds. I am your zanpakuto!"

"You mean those sword the shinigamis use on their job?"

"Yes, I am. And before you say the being before is only a spirit form."

"Oh, but if you are my sword partner why aren't you a katana?"

"It depends on how my form becomes when it is time to wield me. I can be like most every soul reaper a katana. Or a wakizashi, which is a short blade. Or maybe a nodachi-a field sword. It depends on how strong our bond is."

"So let me get this straight, your a zanpakuto but yet you don't know what you'd look like in the near future. Am I right so far?"

"Yes, and may I add my form is also based on size. You must learn to keep your spiritual pressure on the low levels."

"Why?"

"Would you like to carry a 100 pound sword on you back or on your hip?"

"Jeez, I'm sorry if I ask. So your form will be based on appearance and on size. Anything else I should know about?" I raised my eyebrow in suspicion. Like what is this place? Or the fact you haven't told me your name yet.

"Well, this is your Inner World. Your thoughts, mind, subconscious, etc."

"Wow, I never thought my mind would be so-"

"Beautiful?"

"I was going to say peaceful but that works too. Hold on what about your name?"

She pulled down her mask revealing her pink lips as I heard her mouthed her request. "My name i _."