Best friend E•D

"SLOW DOWN" you shouted trying to catch up to your best friend Ethan as he ran down the dark, empty street. It was no use shouting at him, he wouldn't listen or stop.

You began to feel the burn in your legs as if someone had set them alight, you had never been the most athletic but you didn't care too much.

You watched as Ethan's figure got further away and he disappeared into the darkness of night.

"Ugh" you groaned in frustration, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and called Ethan.

"Ethan fucking Dolan where are you?" You asked "my house silly, you were just to slow to see where I went" he giggled and hung the phone up.

how the hell did he run a mile in basically a minute, I can't even get up the stairs in a minute (a/n literally me😂) you thought to yourself.

Putting your phone back in your pocket you started walking to Ethan's house, the wind blew through your hair and across your skin, sending chills through your body.

Each step seemed almost pointless it felt like you weren't moving or getting any closer, and each sound or movement sent you into fear.

Even just the branches of trees swaying in the bitter wind made you jump and question everything.

When you were only a few minutes away from Ethan's house you heard what sounded like footsteps behind you.

You quickly spun around to see who was behind you but there was no one there, you kept walking blaming it on your paranoid imagination.

On the path in front of you, you saw something laying on the ground, it was too dark for you to make out what it was, but as you got closer you realised what it was.

It was a phone, you picked it up seeing if it was on, the background was a picture of you and Ethan, you were confused, why would someone have that as their lock screen.

Then it finally clicked in your mind it was Ethan's phone, that was impossible he called you when he was at his house, why would it be all the way here.

You looked around to see if there was anything else that belonged to him but there was nothing on the ground apart from leaves and tiny stones.

"ETHAN" you called out, but there was no reply "ETHAN ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME?" Again there was no reply.

You started walking again as you figured he had probably told you he was home when he was a few minutes away and then just dropped his phone by accident.

Once more you heard footsteps behind you but this time you ignored it thinking it would go away, but it didn't.

The pace you were walking at sped up as you felt your adrenaline pumping around your body, rushing through your bones and surging through your muscles.

There was someone following you catching up to you faster than you could get away, this is it I'm going to be attacked and never seen again, you thought to yourself.

You screamed as you felt a pair of hands grab you and cover your mouth, your emotions when from fear to anger as you heard the familiar manly laugh of Ethan.

"Omg seriously" you said catching your breath as he kept laughing " you lil bitch" you pushed him "hey, that hurt" he said rubbing his chest pretending you were the mean one here.

"You scared me so much, I though I was about to be killed", "I'm sorry" he said pouting and pulling you into a hug "your safe now" he whispered lovingly before he took your chin between his thumb and forefinger.

His lips met yours and you instantly kissed back loving every second of it, but it was over too soon when he pulled away looking stunned like a deer caught in headlights, "whats wrong?".

He looked away " I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that, I've probably just ruined our friendship" he spoke sounding upset.

"Ilike,like you" you blurted out quickly in what seemed like one word. He quickly looked up with glossy eyes from his forming tear. He smiled and grabbed you pulling you into another tight embrace, almost at an inaudible volume you heard him say "i like, like you too (y/n)."