Libary G•D (part 1)

You tapped your pen -that was in between your now numb fingers- gently on the desk.

There was no sound, well there was at odd moments when someone around you would turn a page in there book or stand up to get a new one,

there was also the constant scribbling of pens as people wrote their essays. But it seemed quiet to you, at least compared to your sorority house that had parties almost every night.

You looked down at your almost blank paper and read out the only line you had written again and again in your head.

You had planned every single thing you would write in your essay but now you were actually doing it you couldn't think of anything, your mind as most people would say, had gone blank.

You had to write about world war 1 and all you could think about was that when leopards are old and preparing to die they return to the place where they were born, random you knew.

You were stuck for ideas and there was nothing you could do, your essay was due tomorrow 4pm at the latest.

You got up out of your seat and walked to the many book shelves that there were, you walked along each row running your pointer finger along the books until you got to the section you needed.

History

You scanned the books looking for anything to do with world war 1 and managed to find a few, less than you had hoped though.

You went back to your seat and began reading the book on the top of the pile most of the information was irrelevant to what you had to write about so that book didn't help at all.

Then you picked up the second book putting the first one in a separate pile on the other side of the table.

You read the first sentence of the book and didn't need to read on, everything that you had decided to write in your essay came rushing back into your brain.

You looked at your phone that was sat comfortably on the desk next to your paper and saw that you had only 2 hours left until the library closed.

By the time you were half way through the essay your arm was aching, your fingers were sore and you had half an hour left.

Some how a miracle had occurred while you were working and time must have stopped as it had only taken you ten minutes to write the rest.

The moment you put your pen down you let out a rather loud sigh earnings a few disapproving looks from the students that were sat near to you.

You gave them an I'm-sorry smile and collected the books you had picked out, you walked back to where you thought the books had come from but the section was on art.

You went to another place you thought they were from but no that was biology,

you weren't surprised you couldn't remember where the books came from this library must have had at least  50 rows of books that stood 7-8 foot tall,

that was just in this part of the library, there was an upstairs and a downstairs.

You decided to do what you had done the first time and walked up each isle as you realised going by memory was no use.

Within a few seconds of you doing this you found the section, just before you put the books away a piece of paper fell from you pocket.

You knelt down to get it and when you got up you saw a guy in front of you and he was smirking

you didn't think he was attractive but you didn't think he wasn't attractive at the same time, it was confusing but you settled on saying he was average.

"Hey babe" he said, his voice not the deepest.
"Um hi?" You were slightly annoyed because you couldn't be bothered to deal with his bullshit after you had just written that essay.

"Wanna come back to mine" he said his smirk getting stronger.
"No thanks" you said in a sassy tone.

"Aww that's not nice I just wanna chat" he said emphasising the 'chat'
"Yeah cos 'chatting' is totally all you wanna do" you shot back sarcasm dripping from your words.

"Of course" he tried to act somewhat innocent but it was pointless boys are boys and they only want one thing.

"No" you said sternly this time, you went to walk away not caring that you were still carrying the books.

As you turned to leave you walked into something hard with a slight warmth and you dropped the books

"Need help with that babe?" A deeper more gruff voice asked.

"Nah leave her Dave" the one who had been harassing you a few seconds ago said.

"You sure?" The one you now knew to be Dave asked
"Yeah, positive, she's a bitch" his words hurt, you weren't weak but you weren't very strong either.

You got up and pushed past Dave ignoring their comments that had now gone back to trying to seduce you.

You went to get your stuff from the seat you had been sat at but there was someone sat there.

He had brown hair and was wearing one of the universities football teams sweatshirts. He must have played for them you thought.

You got to the desk and noticed he had headphones in but he was aware of your presence as he looked up at you staring at him.

He pulled out one of his headphones "can I help you?" He asked in a deep but sweet voice

"Um I um my stuff" you stuttered mentally screaming at yourself for probably looking like an idiot.

He looked around and saw your bag on the table and your essay next to it, he quickly picked it up for you and handed it to you.

"Thanks" you smiled and quickly walked away knowing you would be a blushing mess.

*two days later*

You were walking to class completely oblivious to your surroundings until you hit you shoulder against something or rather someone.

You quickly looked up, it was the guy from the library, the guy that you had been thinking about the past few days, the guy you had dreamt about that night.

"I'm so sorry" you said managing not to stutter for once. He smiled
"It's fine..." He trailed off waiting for you to say your name.

"Y/n" he smiled wider,
"Cute" was all he said before walking off leaving you stood there slightly stunned now only realising how close he had been to you.

You were about to walk off and stop staring at him like a creepy stalker but someone with a masculine voice called out a name and the guy that you had just been talking to responded.

His name was Grayson.