Hope E•D

Your heart was aching, your eyes were puffy and you weren't going to lie you felt like a puffer fish.

Your cheeks were wet from your tears but you still couldn't stop crying. You had never felt pain like this.

You felt a familiar hand on your thighs, you looked to your left and saw Ethan sympathetically smiling at you.

"She'll be okay" he spoke softly, you looked away from him and at the blank wall in front of you with no emotion, you suddenly felt numb.

"How are you not freaking out?" you spoke for the first time since you had gotten here.

"Because I know she'll be okay" he shuffled closer to you and pulled you into his side.

"But what if she's not" all feeling that had escaped your body like a wasp in summer had filled you back up and now you couldn't stop crying again.

"Don't think like that" he said "she'll be okay" he rubbed his hand against your back, comforting you as much as possible.

"She just so small" you whispered in between sobs.

"I know, I know" Ethan hugged you tighter, you were just going to have to wait this out.

You watched as new faces arrived, some full of joy and smiles other just like you.

How could this be such a happy and miserable place at the same time? You thought to yourself.

It had been three hours since she had gone into surgery, you didn't think it would take this long.

Had something gone wrong? Where they not able to do the surgery they had planned? Was she going to be okay?

Just as you were about to burst into tears thinking about all the things that could have gone wrong, you heard you name.

"(Y/n) and Ethan" the blonde haired woman who looked like a nurse called out looking down at her clipboard.

You got up shaking slightly, both from crying so much and from anticipation, this was it, you were going to find out whether she was okay.

You sat down with Ethan on the chair next to you "I'll be right back" she woman how now seemed to be overly cheerful said as she walked out of the door leading to the back of the building.

A few minutes later she walked back in with a taller, rather muscular man walking behind.

"This is Simon Davies" she began "he did the surgery" she smiled at both of you "I'll leave you to it" she said as she walked through the door to the back again.

"So..." Simon pulled up a variety of  X-rays. You felt your heart ache as you could see all the places her bones had broken.

"We have managed to fix all of the fractures" Simon said with a smile "but we've had to keep them in place by using a frame that comes out of the body"

You didn't care that she would have a frame as long as she was okay that's all you cared about.

"Because of that we will have to keep her in for three weeks until the bones fuse together against and we can remove the frame."

"That's fine, thank you so much" you and Ethan both said at the same time.

*three weeks later*

Today was the day, you were finally going to bring her home, it had been three weeks since the accident, since she had been hit by a car and since her life had been saved.

You walked into the building and went to the reception with Ethan's had placed in yours.

"We're here for Bella" Ethan said and you could definitely hear excitement in his voice, he was getting her back too.

"Here she is" the man you remembered to be Simon walked out from the back with Bella in his arms.

Her tail was going faster than you had ever seen it, and she was scrambling out of his arms to get to you guys.

Simon placed her in your arms and she began to try and lick your face and Ethan's as he leaned closer to her.

You were so happy you guys had finally got your puppy back, and she was okay.

----------
A/n sorry this was such a short imagine I just really wanted to update 😂🙃 xoxo- Sian