chapter ten - the zoo

Your pov

I was so ready for the zoo. I wore a white longsleeved croptop with a denim suspender skaterskirt. I was so happy. The zoo, with jinhwan and my best friend. I walked out of my house and closed the door. Jinhwan and my mom were waiting together in front of our houses and they had a little chat. My mom stood between me and jinhwan and we were all facing the doors of our houses.

'I'll go check on momma Kim. You wait here mm 'kay?' my mom asked us. We both just nodded. The silence was kind of awkward after my mom left. There was a big space between us where my mom stood, which made it even more awkward.

'Are you excited?' I asked to break the ice.

'Yeah' he smiled. Aww.. 'are you?' He asked me.

'Yeah!!' I said, but I guess my smile itself was enough of an awnser. He laughed at came a bit closer. My heart was pounding. What the hell aimi? He only came like 3 inches closer, no need to be so excited.
But still I was.. I was happy to have him here. it didn't matter how much I was sweating or the fact that he could probably hear my heart pounding. It was a small moment of joy and I apreciated it.

Hanbin came outside his house along with my mom and his mom and we all walked towards the car. We all went with one car, because why would you waste money on gas if you had enough space?

I sat in the middle of jinhwan and hanbin and hanbin's mom drove the car.
When I was a kid, sitting with 3 people in the back wasn't so bad. But this was the moment I realized we grew.

When we arrived at the zoo, my mom and hanbin's mom paid for the tickets.

'Two adults and one teenager.' hanbin's mom said. Oh yeah.. Jinhwan was 21.. I forgot. He was 5 years older.. well damn.
However, it didn't matter. Like Chay would say: 'love doesn't have a number, says vernon.' I guess vernon was right! Besides, I wasn't the first one to date an older guy. It was obly five years..

But wait, who was talking about dating? Jinhwan probably wasn't interesting and also, my mom would freak out if he was. My sister would probably judge me for dating an older guy who isn't even rich.

'You okay?' someone poked my thought bubble by whispering in my ear.

I jumped up and almost fell. I looked behind me and saw jinhwan laughing. I had goosebumps over my whole body. Jinhwan just whispered in my ear!

'Omgsh you startled me! Yes. I was okay BUT NOT ANYMORE!' I shouted at him. We started laughing.

hehe.. nice

•••time skip•••

Jimhwan's pov

normally, I wouldn't be this excited to go to the zoo. But now I was, because of Aimi. She was so excited and happy about it, it was cute. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. Though Hanbin kept throwing dirty looks my way. I didn't understand why though. It was obvious that he liked her, but what did that have to do with me? I didn't understand that he didn't make a move on her. Yes, they were friends. But a situation more perfect then going to the zoo, didn't excist. Who didn't like the zoo?

Although I was kind off happy he didn't make a move.. She was really cute and beautiful and nice and funny.. She made me nervous when we were alone, but I couldn't possibly like someone 5 years younger then me? Was that even legal?

Aimi's pov

The zoo was fun. We made a lot of selfies and we all got to see all the animals. The zoo made me feel like a little kid, but who cares? I liked it, and I think Jinhwan did too. He was smiling the whole time.

The ride home was less awkward, we all had fun together and showed each other the pictures we made. Hanbin mostly had pictures of him and monkeys haha, it was cute.
Jinhwan mostly made pictures of beautiful sights. We were scrolling on each others phones. I was on Jinhwan's phone, Jinhwan was on Hanbin's phone and Hanbin was on mine.

'NO STOP!' Jinhwan suddenly said.

'Stop what?' I asked.

'Scrolling.' He said.

'Why..? Got secrets?'

He looked away and .. blushed? What was he blushing for? He couldn't possibly...

'Porn?!' I whispered.

He looked back quickly and his face was all red and his eyes were shocked.
'NO!' he said and grabbed his phone out of my hands and gave me Hanbin's phone. I nodded slowly. I was so curious, but I didn't want to be annoying and ask for it.

'I'll show you later..' he said softly.

'M okay' I said. What was the big deal about a picture?

Ofcourse, knowing me, I got tired an the way back home. I was in the middle of hanbin and jinhwan and it would be weird to rest my head on Jinhwan's shoulder, no matter how bad I wanted to. I rested my head on Hanbin's shoulder and held his underarm with both of my hands. He seemed suprised, but a smile appeared on his face. And I slowly fell asleep.