chapter twelve - plottwist

Your pov

It was 11:30 am exactly when the doorbell ringed. This time I wasn't wearing a skirt with a croptop and matching suspenders, but I decided to go for a short denim overall with a white tshirt underneath it. He told me to wear something comfy so yeah.
I opened the door and greeted him and we went downstairs.

It was kind of awkward at first. We didn't talk that much and we were distant. He took me to the gamehall and we went to eat icecream in the park. We talked a lot and it was less awkward. He took me to a barbequetent for dinner. It was nice.
After a we ate it became darker and the streetlight turned on. It also turned colder.

'Are you cold?' Jinhwan asked.

I nodded. He took of his jacket and gently layed it over my shoulders. Aww.. 'thanks.' I said and smiled at him. It was quiet, but not awkward.

'How close are you with Hanbin?' He asked.

'Why do you ask that so suddenly?' I asked. What the hell..

'I.. I think he likes you..' he admitted.

What.. no way. Hanbin could never like me?
'I don't think that's true. We're best friends. Nothing more, nothing less.' I said clearly.

'Are you sure?'

What the hell? Ofcourse I was sure?
'Yeah. He could never fall for me. He doesn't even look at me like a woman.'
'Hm' was his response. I looked at his face. he looked kind of.. annoyed? No. That wasn't it.

'what would you do if he kissed you?'

I turned red. 'W-whaaaat?! What's with the sudden questions?' I asked nervous.
'I used to think the two of you were dating. I was kind of jealous.. but when I asked him this morning he said no, although it took him 4 seconds to awnser. I noticed it in the zoo too. There's something between the two of you. I don't like it, Aimi.'

Why was he saying all of this so suddenly? It confused me. He stopped walking and looked me straight in the eye.

'I don't like it because I like you.'

Did.. did moleguy just tell me he liked me? Jinhwan.. I never imagined he would actually like me back. I didn't know what to say. 'I like you too.' or 'do you want to be my boyfriend?' were two things I could've said, but the point is that I never imagined this. He was 7 years older, and yes ofcourse, age doesn't matter. But this went to fast.

'I.. I don't know what to say.' I said.

He came closer and I walked further away from him. The look in his eye changed. I felt the wall against my back. He leaned towards me placing his hand next to my head. I liked him alot and he was cute and funny and sweet, but this wasn't what I wanted.

'I don't want to-'

'You like me, right?' he interrupted me.

'Yeah.. but I-'

'Or do you like Hanbin?' He asked me.

'What no.. i don't know..' i said. And I was honest. Every time I saw him with a girl I got jealous and my heart would flutter everytime he fell alseep on my shoulders. But I didn't understand. If I liked Jinhwan, why weren't my lips pressed to his? Why couldn't I do it?

He leaned further in until our mouths were just an inch apart. I pressed my eyes close and tried to push him away by pressing my hands against his chest. But it didn't work. I could feel his breath against my mouth and before I knew it.. it was gone. His breath, his warmth, the feeling of him being in front of me, ready to take my first-kiss-verginity. I heard a smack and opened my eyes.

It was Hanbin.

In a blink of an eye he punched Jinhwans cheek and Jinhwan stumbled. He looked down and his bangs covered his eyes. Hanbin looked angry.. I never saw him like this before. Jinhwan looked up and he laughed.

'YAH! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING, ASSHOLE?!' Hanbin shouted at him.

'I knew it..' was all Jinhwan said. What? He knew what?

'He'd come to save you from being harassed any time. just admit that you like her already.' He said and straighted his back. Hanbin looked confused. So did I. What was happening?

'Well my work here is done. What a waste.. I kind of liked you, Aimi. But you're better off with my little nephew. Later!' He said and turned around, sticking his hand up in the air. He planned all of this?

Hanbin looked away so I couldn't see his face. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him. 'Let's go.' He said and we walked home.

'What was that all about?' I asked him. He didn't awnser, but he did let go of my wrist. He didn't have to..

'I don't know.' He said after three minute, or at least, it felt like three minutes. I probably was only thirty seconds, but the awkwardness made it seem like forever.

We arrived at our doors and we said our goodbyes. What the hell.. well this evening made a pretty big plottwist..

Not sure how to feel about this chapter, but thanks for reading!