4

Chapter four: Show

09.29.1944

Hermione awoke in a panic and gripped her sheets tightly. She had just been in the forbidden forest with Tom Riddle...

"Calm down dear, your in the medical wing. Here take a calming potion it'll ease your nerves."Madame Lofe said with a kind smile.

She downed the potion quickly and placed it on the table next to her where a little black box gleamed back at her menacingly. "Who gave me this?" Hermione asked picking the box up cautiously.

"Oh! Mr Riddle did, he would come every morning to see if you were fine. What a nice fellow he is and quite handsome too."

Every morning? But why?

That was very uncharacteristic of Tom Riddle. What is he planning? He hadn't showed her an ounce of kindness ever since the first day she had arrived, why the change of heart?

"You were out for three days dear." Madame Lofe explained further. "Mr Riddle had brought you here."

Hermione sighed and rubbed her eyes, memories flooding back to her. She felt her eyes prickle with tears, but held them back. She didn't believe it Tom Riddle did not save her life, it was just unrealistic.

He didn't care about anyone about himself, why would he suddenly save me from the danger he put me in the first place!

Without warning tears sprung to her eyes, Madame Lofe looked at Hermione in shock and tried to comfort the girl. She wanted to go home, to see Ron and Harry and to get away from Tom Riddle.

"There there, your safe now." Lofe cooed patting Hermione's hand gently.

Later on with permission from Madame Lofe, Hermione was able to go back to her dorm. There she was ambushed by her extremely worried friends.

"Hermione! What happened are you okay?! Riddle wouldn't tell us what happened too you!" Lois yelled practically jumping on top of her.

Hermione smiled at her worried friend. "I was...I was almost assaulted T-Riddle saved me." She stuttered wiping away a tear.

"What?! Who? Is he-"

"He's dead." Hermione finished cutting off Philip.

"Serves him right." Harold mumbled.
While Philip pulled Hermione into a tight hug.

Lois pushed Philip away and embraced Hermione. "Hey, why don't we go down and have some lunch, that'd probably get your mind of it." She said softly.

Hermione was grateful how much they cared for her, it almost made her feel at home. "Okay I'll join you four later I need to have a word with Riddle first."

"Stay safe eh." Daniel said softly and Hermione smiled gently at him.

Lois gave Hermione a supportive smile before pushing the boys off.

According to the Hogwarts school population Riddle frequently visited the Hogwarts library so there she headed first.

•••