19

Chapter nineteen: Lonely

12.20.1944

Tom sat in Potions class staring intently at the chalk board in front of him, no one dared to bother him not even Malfoy seemed to think it was a good idea to annoy him today. He sat there with a chilling dark aura, it had been four days  since Hermione had been petrified and Tom hasn't been allowed to stay in the wing with her since Madam Lofe kept on kicking him out and telling him to go get some rest. Evil witch he scowled.

"Hush! Calm down everyone. Today we will be reviewing the effects of Amortentia, I assume everyone remembers yes?" Slughorn acquired scanning the room and tsked in disappointment when he saw a few blank faces. "Tom m'boy why don't you remind us of the effects?"

Tom glared down at his desk, out of all people Slughorn could have asked why did he choose him. Your a genius that's why.

Tom slowly lifted his head up and glared furiously at the bloated professor. "My apologies sir, I do not remember." He replied sternly while clenching his jaw before looking back down. An audible gasp rang throughout the class, Tom never passed up a opportunity to answer any questions in potions. Professor Slughorn looked as appalled as his students. "It's quite alright Tom," Slughorn paused and began to write the effects on the bored. "I would like you all to brew Amortentia once more, remember this will be your last review! Start now and do not waste any time!"

Everyone groaned and began to get up to gather their supplies. Tom used a simple levitation spell and set the ingredients down on his desk.

~~

Tom inhaled the potion as it finished brewing. Old books, dew and honey

Tom knew that scent immediately, it was Hermione. He glanced beside himself at the empty seat beside him and let our a grieved sigh. Her absence was beginning to drive him mad! He just couldn't believe how bloody horrible he felt without her around. When he had first laid eyes on her he immediately knew she was a kind hearted know it all, everything he disliked. But as he spent more time with her he slowly began to enjoy her company, he admitted at first she was extremely tiresome and when he had found out about her true heritage...he was appalled...that such a powerful witch was muggleborn. But now...oh for the love of Salazar how things can change, he out of all people was falling for a muggle born. How ironic...

The rest of the day passed dreadfully slow and before he knew it dinner approached. Tom took his usual seat in the middle of the Slytherin table although no one dared to sit beside him noticing his foul mood, only but one female didn't get the memo...

"Tommy!!!" Victoria called loudly running towards Tom and taking a seat extremely close to him.

"I heard about Hermione! How horrible, how are you coping?" She asked clutching onto his arm.

Tom tore his arm away from her grasp. Usually he was never so rude but Parkinson was getting on his nerves and he couldn't control himself. "Do not touch me." He growled. "I am doing just fine, now leave me be and go back to shagging every male in the bloody school!"

Parkinson looked at him horrified, tears welling her eyes, she stood up and glared at him. "Hermione will pay for stealing you from me!" She cried angrily.

Tom stood up and towered before her, his shoulders rising and falling with rage. "You even lay a hand on her and I'll-"

"You'll what Mr Riddle?"

Tom lowered his wand and turned around to see professor Dumbledore standing there with a frown. The two stared at each other, Tom didn't dare say anything. The whole hall was silent now. "Nothing professor." Tom replied slowly.

Dumbledore rose a brow. "Detention today, I'll decide your punishment." He said sternly before walking off.

Tom glared at the professor's retreating form before ignoring the shivering Parkinson beside him and walked to the end of the table to finish off some of his food.