12

Chapter twelve: Far lands

11.15.1944

Hermione awoke startled to a smooth, familiar masculine voice.

"Your awake." Tom stated, as Hermione's eyes fluttered open meeting his cold dark ones. He watched her as she took in her surroundings, a frown resting on her lips.

"Where are we?" She asked, the frown still gracing her features. Tom didn't answer immediately but just stared at her with a blank expression.

"Albania." He finally answered still watching her intently.

Hermione looked up at him in shock, she didn't know w'ether she heard him correctly. "Excuse me?" She questioned in confusion.

"I'm getting quite tired of always repeating myself," Tom said coldly. "I assume you know the location of the Ravenclaw Diadem?"

Hermione stared at him with bewilderment. He couldn't possibly assume that she would tell him anything about the diadem, after he had just forced her into a bond! She choose not to reply and looked out the window instead because she new this action would annoy him very much.

"Tell me." He growled moving his face closer to hers. As she looked at him, she couldn't help but notice how attractive he was.

Hermione, you shouldn't be thinking such things!

She mentally slapped herself for thinking that he was attractive, he was nothing but a sadistic monster. All she should be thinking about was how to prevent him from becoming Voldemort. If knowing what she was thinking Tom glared at her and suddenly she felt him using Legilimens on her mind.

Hermione quickly put up her barriers and sighed in relief as Tom glared at her.

"The potion did not work as efficiently as I had expected." he mumbled looking deeply troubled.

"Then you have no reason to keep this." Hermione replied hoping that he'd change his mind.

He chuckled. "Ah Granger so desperate to get away from me are you? Even if I wanted to end this...bond, I cannot." He explained.

Hermione glared at him. "Why?!" She asked incredulously.

"Once taken the potion can never be undone, there's no reversal spell..." He trailed off.

Hermione exhaled in frustration.

"Believe me dear I don't like the idea of being bound for enternity to a mudblood either." Tom snipped.

Seeing that Hermione was not going to retort back, Tom turned around and walked towards the door. "There are a set of clothes for you in the drawer, I will be back in twenty minutes. Be ready by then and prepare yourself to help me search the forest for the Diadem."

With that Tom left briskly leaving Hermione by herself. She sat there for a few minutes before deciding to change, she felt icky wearing the same clothes she had been wearing from yesterday. She stood up and walked towards the drawer, she opened it and took out a black robe before slipping it on. She decided to examine the room to burn time, she looked towards the bed she was just lying on. It was big enough for two people to sleep comfortably on, there were a couple of wool blankets on top. The room was quite simple, everything was wooden Hermione expected as much since it is 1944. She knew that during this time the muggle war was just ending.