Chapter 5 (Scott)

I watched my converse trudge through the grass as I slowly paced towards my dorm. The late afternoon breeze nipped at my arms. I looked up to see a few students sprawled out on blankets with books in their hands. One girl caught my attention. She was the brown-haired girl, or whatever creature she was. I walked over to her and set down my backpack. Luckily, she was alone and no students were too close. She put down her book and studied me coldly. Her eyes were deep and dark, as though they held a tortured past. She had a small black stick laying by her side. 

"Who are you?" I whispered. A small smirk pulled at the sides of her mouth.

"Jessica Brooks, but you can call me Jess." She smiled sarcastically. I stared right into her eyes. I forced them to show the wolf. I could see the red reflection in her almost black eyes. I willed them to go back to normal. 

"So its true, Scott. You are the true alpha." I didn't even try to hide the look of surprise on my face. 

"How do you know that?"

"Oh, I have my resources."

"What resources?" 

"Just an old friend of yours." And with that she gathered up her stuff and stood. I pushed myself off of the ground and tried not to grow claws. She turned away from me. 

"You'll find out everything in time." Jess walked off. I wanted to follow her, but I had a feeling she could beat me. She radiated power and skill. I hauled up my backpack and whipped around to my dorm. Across the field, I could see someone running towards me. At first I hoped it was Aurora, but it was just Stiles. He stopped right in front of me. 

"She's a siren!" He practically yelled. Some students on the field stared at us, then turned back to their work. I lowered my voice.

"Wait, who?" Stiles took a deep breath.

"Serene." I thought hard about her. She did seem to be enchanting. 

"How did you find out."

"There was a gym and a pool and then she had a tail, and her eyes were glowing green..."

"Well, that's a sure sign." I pulled Stiles along with me back to the dorm. 

"I hope you didn't do anything stupid." I looked at him suspiciously. 

"I'm pretty sure I didn't. Unless she saw me. That would be considered stupid, right?"

"Very." He threw up his arms.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't." We reached the stairs. I took them two at a time. I practically punched the door to our floor open. Once we reached the dorm, I plopped down on my bed. Stiles sat on the chair in the corner.

"You look tense." He was looking at me worriedly.

"I talked to the supernatural senior."

"Really?!? Do you know what she is?!?"

"No, but she knew my name. She said that she knew an 'old friend'."

"Great. Is that good or bad?"

"I don't know." I pulled out my laptop. Stiles let out a groan then picked up his history book. I began to read up on confusing biology terms. After a few minutes, a knock at the door made Stiles and I jump. We both looked at each other, very confused. I walked over to the door and opened it a crack. A blond girl was standing in the doorway. It was Aurora. 

"Hey Scott. I'm here to study with Stiles." I opened the door more. 

"Oh. Come in." I stepped to the side. She strolled inside and sat down at the desk. Stiles looked at me and winked. I rolled my eyes and went back to my laptop. I could hardly concentrate on my reading because my eyes kept wandering to Aurora. Her and Stiles were reading some mythology book. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and she had reading glasses on the bridge of her nose. I forced myself to read and not to look at her. Surprisingly, I made it. I finished up my reading and shut my laptop. Stiles looked up at me. 

"Uh, I'm going to the bathroom..." Stiles stood up and walked into the small bathroom. I stole Stile's seat next to the desk. Aurora was staring hard at her book. 

"So mythology...it's pretty interesting..." Without even looking up, she spoke. 

"Yeah, very." 

"What are you reading about?" Again, she didn't look up.

"Heroes." I asked the first question that popped into my head. 

"Any werewolves in Greek mythology?"

"No." 

"So...any-"

"Do you want to keep making small talk? If so, then why do we just get dinner?" She said sarcastically. She looked up from her book to glare at me.

"Uh, sure...does tomorrow work?" Her eyes widened with surprise.

"Um, okay..." Stiles walked out of the bathroom. 

"So, studying?" Aurora looked back down at her book. 

"Yep." I walked back over to my bed and took my phone off of my desk. I had a new text. When I saw who it was from, I almost dropped my phone. I read the name again, just to make sure it was really him. 

"Stiles, I found out who our old friend is."