« part three • molly's »

"So you and Jay are you like a thing?"
"You know I'm not really sure."

Erin strode over with two steaming cups of coffee and sat in the booth with Amy,"So much better than the district's."

"I found this place when I was out in the field once. This stuff works wonders keeping you awake."

Amy smiled and drank her own cup wrapping her hands around the cup,"Anythings better than 21st."

Lindsay nodded. Now was her chance to get to know Jay's secret sister. She had asked him about her numerous times but he would simply reply: There isn't much to tell. But Erin knew otherwise.

"So how long you've been back in Chicago?"

"Like 4 months ish." Amy replied,"You always lived here?"

"Chicago born and bred." Erin smiled,"You and Jay always been close?"

"Since I was born he would look after me a lot. Then I turned 15 and thought I was too old for brothers." Amy looked at her hands,"God was I wrong."

Erin looked at the brunette sympathetically,"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay. Jay doesn't talk about it. He thinks it bothers me." Amy looked up,"I went off the rails a bit."

"It started when I would to hang around with guys that were older than me. Jay and Will never liked them."

"I would go out drinking round at their houses and come home a wreck. But my brothers would help me get sober before my dad or mum noticed."

Amy sighed,"My grades started slipping. I didn't care anymore. I wouldn't only drink but started to take cocaine."

"It was only when I ended up in hospital Jay got me to change. Will signed me up to a program he heard about at med school."

Erin looked at the auburn haired girl in front of her with Jay's eyes, she didn't think her past could of been that dark.

Amy swiftly decided to change the topic,"So you and Jay, are you like a thing?"

Lindsay's cheeks blushed and she shrugged,"You know I'm not really sure."

Amy laughed,"It's obvious you two like each other! I know he likes you."

Suddenly Erin's phone lit up next to her,"It's Jay he wants us back."

Amy got up and grabbed her stuff before following Erin to the car.

_______________

Amy sat on her empty desk with pictures of the crime scene and Ryan before his death spread out along it.

The team had hit a dead end after one of the gang members they'd brought in lawyered up.

Jay looked over at his sister re reading the case file. Maybe this job wasn't the thing for her. He didn't want this to come back on her.

"Amy come on," He said leaning on her desk,"Everyone's going to Molly's. Leave this till tomorrow."

Amy sighed,"I don't drink."

Jay rolled his eyes,"I'll buy you a Coke then, just leave this. Please."

"You make me sound like a five year old." She smiled jumping off her desk.

Relieved Jay slung his arm around her shoulder as she grabbed her things.

Once in the car Jay decided to ask what Lindsay and her and spoken about during their coffee break.

"So what'd you and Erin talk about all that time? You were gone a while."

Amy smirked,"Still as nosey as ever."

Jay looked over at her and smiled until she began to speak,"I told her."

"I told her about me. What I did."

Jay stopped the car,"You didn't have to do that."

"And pretend I'm okay?" Amy argued,"Pretend that I've always been okay? I've never had problems?"

Jay looked at her hurt,"Amy."

"I can't work with these people and them not know Jay." She looked at her older brother hoping he'd understand.

"I know Amy. I just thought you'd have waited longer. I could of told them for you." Jay told her.

Amy sighed,"You don't have to do everything for me you know."

"I know but it's kinda my job."

__________________

Amy walked into Molly's alongside her brother who was intend on introducing her to the firefighters of 51. She sat beside him and the group as the men immediately began to embrace and talk to her brother. All of them welcomed as if she was their own. It felt good to her.

She had already heard about Casey and his girlfriend Gabriella Dawson. She knew about Severide and his history with relationships as Jay specifically made sure she didn't get involved with him like that. Herrman spent the most time talking to Amy, he seemed like the heart of the family to her.

After sitting with 51 for a while Amy drifted over to her other brother in hope of a conversation not about Cubs games. He was sat next to a brunette woman who Amy assumed was Nat, who apparently Will was crazy for. Opposite them sat an older man later introduced as Daniel Charles along with a Chinese doctor, Dr Choi.

Amy sat next to her brother and sighed,"Please don't talk about Cubs whatever you do."

Will laughed,"Guys this is my sister Amy. She's just moved back."

"Nice to meet you." Charles smiled offering his hand.

Amy shook it politely,"You too."

"I'm buying next. Want anything Amy?" Choi smiled standing up.

"Coke please."

Will raised an eyebrow,"Since when?"

"Since 28 days ago, my counsellor suggested it." Amy explained,"Thought Jay would have said."

Will was surprised. He didn't realise his sister was still seeing the counsellor he had set her up with back in med school. He hoped it meant she wasn't having problems again, especially as she didn't drink now.

Charles glanced as Will's younger sister it didn't immediately occur to him she'd have a counsellor, it could be for a number of reasons. But he could tell how protective Will was of her and how much she seemed to lean on him. Obviously something had brought them closer.