« part twelve • first date »

"My college friends boring you?"

"Okay so if anyone asks you're my fiancé." Amy told Connor sat beside him in her car, she kept glancing outside the car at the building plastered in red and white balloons.

Connor smiled resting his arm against the window,"Fiancé huh?"

Amy rolled her eyes,"Just go with it please."

"Okay so how did we meet?" Rhodes asked intrested in where their story would go. Amy looked at him confused to how it mattered at all.

"If we're gonna lie at least make it believable, how'd we meet?" He questioned again.

Amy shrugged,"Let's just say we met at a bar. Thats where most people meet right?"

Connor shrugged,"Whatever you say babe."

Halstead laughed and got out of the car locking it behind her. Rhodes walked round and wrapped an arm around her waist before opening the door for her. Once he opened the door to the bar Amy was immediately engulfed by a blonde smartly dressed woman.

"Amy!" She squealed,"I'm so glad you came!"

Amy cringed at the fake love from the woman who used to talk crap about her to the whole school,"Stacey nice to see you."

Stacey beamed a false pearly white smile at Connor,"And who's this Amy? We thought your plus one would be your brother."

Connor ignored the comment and smiled,"Unfortunately the brother was busy so she had to settle for fiancé."

"Amy oh my god! Your engaged congratulations! Wait till I tell the others." Stacey grinned before walking away to presumably her own husband and the rest of the people Amy hardly knew.

Connor lent forward and whispered in Amy's ear,"You owe me big time."

Amy leant against the bar counter and rolled her eyes smiling,"We're not staying long."

Rhodes laughed,"I dunno I kinda like that Stacey."

Groaning Amy gently punched his arm,"Don't even go there. She was like head cheerleader kind of girl."

"Someone jealous?" Connor smirked taking a beer from the bartender.

Amy rolled her eyes and turned down the offer of a beer, even if drinking would make the night a little bit better she wasn't going to ruin her sober streak.

"Amy Halstead turning down a drink, that's something I never thought I'd see." Someone mumbled behind her.

Somebody else joined in,"I'm surprised she's not dead from over dosing."

Amy tried to ignore the comments but Connor could clearly tell it bothered her. He leant in and whispered close to her ear,"Want to get out of here?"

Amy raised an eyebrow,"My college friends boring you?"

Connor laughed,"Well it's making me feel old."

With a smirk Amy grabbed her purse from the counter of the bar, the two left within minutes leaving behind the whispers of Amy's past. Connor opened the car door for her before heading round to the drivers seat.

Amy went to kiss Connor but he slowly pulled back,"Don't you think we should tell Will?"

Frowning Amy rolled her eyes,"You scared my brothers going to beat you up?"

Rhodes laughed,"Wasn't exactly what I was thinking."

_________________________

"I didn't mean for it to come out how it did." Will sighed draining the last of his beer in his hand,"I've really screwed up this time."

Jay patted his brothers shoulder,"I'll speak to her, she'll just need some cool off time."

"When she moved back I got Mouse to run her phone." Jay told his brother after a moments silence,"I know it was wrong I just wanted to make sure she was safe."

"I think we both just need to learn to trust her a bit more. She'll tell us stuff when she wants to."