« part five • pizza night »

"She keeps playing with moms ring."

Amy sat cross legged on the couch with Jay as they waited for Will. The TV was on but no one was really watching it.

"Can we get takeout?" Amy asked like she used to when she was younger.

Jay looked at her laughed shaking his head,"Yeah sure."

Amy's phone began to ring cutting through the hum of the TV, she looked at the number and begrudgingly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Glad your back in Chicago."

The voice sent shivers down her spine,"Who is this?"

"You know full well who it is Amy."

Before she could answer they had hung up. Jay lent forward in his seat towards Amy,"Who was that?"

"I don't know." Amy sighed turning her phone off.

"What'd they want?" Jay asked again, he wanted to know who was harassing his sister.

"Nothing." Amy lied. She picked up three takeout menus and threw them at Jay,"Choose."

Jay reluctantly picked up the menus and skimmed through them. He could tell when Amy was lying; she'd look down at her fingers and play with the ring that was their mothers that she never took off her finger.

Just then Will walked in,"Sorry their was a car pileup just as I was leaving, they needed me to help."

"It's fine, we're just picking takeout." Jay told him,"You up for pizza?"

"I'm up for anything that comes with beer." Will called from the bedroom.

Amy laughed and got up,"I'm going to shower whilst you guys order the pizza."

Jay laughed,"Is that your way of saying you've got no money?"

"I've got money Jay,but last time I checked that's what big brothers are for." Amy called shutting the bathroom door and turning on the shower.

Jay got up and went into the kitchen followed by his brother, he opened the fridge and passed him a beer.

"Somethings up with Amy." Jay told him.

"As in what?" Will asked.

"Someone keeps calling her but she won't tell me who it is. I can tell she's lying." Jay explained.

"Maybe it's just a call centre." Will said drinking his beer,"Or a secret lover."

Jay looked at his brother,"She keeps playing with mom's ring."

This caught Will's attention. He knew she only did that when something was bothering her,"Have you asked her about it?"

Jay shook his head,"She just shuts me down."

"Maybe get Mouse to talk to her." Will suggested,"They've always been close."

Jay nodded,"I guess. I'll mention it to him at work tomorrow."

Will looked at Jay,"You don't think she started talking to-"

Jay cut him off immediately he couldn't even stand hearing the guys name,"No, she wouldn't."

Will nodded,"You're right it was stupid to bring that up."

________________

After Amy had showered Will went to pick up the pizza and buy more beer, leaving Jay alone with Amy. She had changed into the clothes she kept at her brothers house.

"So how you liking Intelligence?" Jay asked her.

Amy smiled,"It's good. Everyone's really nice."

Jay nodded and went back to watching the game on the TV until Amy interrupted it asking him a question.

"So you and Erin?" Amy smirked.

Jay blushed slightly,"Don't."

Amy shook her head laughing,"God you two, it's obvious you both like each other."

"It's not as simple as that." Jay told her trying to watch the game.

Amy frowned,"If you love someone it's your job to tell them. Don't leave her in the dark Jay, otherwise you might miss your chance."

Will walked through the door before Jay could answer her with three boxes of pizzas in his arms,"You guys really couldn't decide on one we'd all like."

Amy laughed and took her pizza box off him and placed it in front of her.

"Not my fault you guys are awkward." Amy shrugged picking a piece up.

"How you liking being home?" Will asked Amy.

"It's good." Amy said picking the mushrooms of her pizza,"Apart from having to see you two nearly everyday. That sucks."

Jay pushed Amy,"Yeah it sucks for us two."