Chapter 6

In the next couple of months, Arthur and I really got to know each other very well. We now hung out almost everyday, and my love for him grew stronger and stronger. He also said that he was proud to call me his forst official friend. I laughed at this but scooped him up my arms, swinging him back and forth. He awkwardly hugged me back, smiling into my shoulder. After I let him go, we walked back to his, together.

// Time skip brought to you by Russia. Cute but deadly. \\

I laid in Arthur's bed as he sat on floor. It was a cold Friday afternoon.

"Over all these months, why have you never invited me over to your house?"

Arthur asked, raising a pierced eyebrow. I sighed.

"Yeah, uh sorry about that. My mom is like, really homophobic, so uh yeah. She's been asking to meet you and stuff, but I just don't want her to find out that you're gay..."

I said, rolling off the bed and sitting in front of it. He looked down.

"Oh, I see."

"You know what, come over tomorrow and introduce you. You can also meet my brother!"

I moved in closer to him, showing off my biggest smile. He scooted back, his cheeks a hint of rose.

"Sounds good."

He looked back at me and gave me the smile I loved so much. I got up and walked over to his guitars. I plucked strings on the electric guitar, listening to their sound.

"Out of all the times I've been here, you've never played a song for me."

I turned back at him, his beautiful green eyes widened. He stood and walked over and picked up the electric guitar. He went back to his spot on the floor, and pressed his back against his dresser.

"What do you want me to play?"

"Anything you want."

I sat down in front of him and watched him strum a few notes. He started playing a song I knew since I was five, and he was amazing at it. He was playing American Idiot by Green Day. As if on cue, I started singing along to the music.

"Don't wanna be an American Idiot,"

He looked up, surprised to hear my voice. I motioned for him to keep going. He played his part, while I sang mine. I wasn't going to lie, we sounded great together. As he finished the song. His hoodie sleeve got caught on a string, and I saw something that made my stomach drop.

His sleeve moved up about three inches, and I saw his secret. He quickly tugged it down, pretending that he didn't notice me noticing. He quickly got up and put his guitar back in the stand. I followed him and as he turned around, I tugged on wrist and pulled him towards me. He winced at my grip and tried to get his wrist free, but he wasn't going anywhere. I grasped his sleeve and rolled it up, gasping. Tears welled in my eyes at the sight. Across his forearm were more scars than I could count, and dried and bloody healing cuts.

He managed to get his hand free and tug his sleeve back down. Why didn't he tell that he did this to himself?

"Artie... why didn't you tell me?"

I whispered, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. He crossed his arms and looked away, tears also brimming his eyes.

"You wouldn't understand."

He whispered back. I was angry, confused and sad at the same time.

"I don't fucking care, you should have told me! I would've tried to help you out as much as I could. I don't understand this, I thought you could trust me. You're my only friend, and I never want to see you hurt. Ever."

Tears streaked his cheeks. This was the first time I've ever seen him like this.

Then he did the thing I was least expecting. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and pressed his lips to mine. I was surprised, but nonetheless happy. I wrapped my hands around his waist and pulled him closer. He took one hand off my collar and put it to my cheek, which turned a dark crimson. I could taste his salty tears that dripped down to his lips. He pulled away and looked at me with puffy eyes.

"Thank you."

He said, his face showing no emotion.

"For what?"

I trailed my index finger down his jawline and tilted his chin up so he could look at me. I held his face and wiped away his tears.

"For being here when no one was."

I smiled and rolled up both of his sleeves. I traced one of his big vertical scars on his left forearm, indicating that he had tried to take his life before. I looked back at him.

"I'll always be here, no matter what."

I engulfed him in a big bear hug and he hugged back, really meaning it. I kissed the top of his sandy blonde head as I cradled him in my arms.