Chapter 9

After our little moment in the bathroom, Arthur helped me into his room and laid me down on the bed.

"You hungry, love?"

Arthur questioned, sitting beside me on the bed and stroking my cheek.

"Yeah, actually."

He nodded and headed downstairs, making me something to eat. I hoped it was a sandwich and he didn't try cooking something. I love him and all, but he's a terrible cook. I reached for my phone and winced at the pain shooting through me. I quickly dialed Mattie's number. He picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Matthew, it's me."

"Alfred? You don't sound sound so good, are you okay?"

I sniffed and tried to sound perkier, but I failed.

"Yeah dude, I'm good."

He sighed on the other end of the line.

"No you're not Alfred. Tell me whats going on."

"Mom beat me... and told me to leave."

I squeaked, waiting for his response.

"She did what?!"

"She uh, abused me and kicked me out."

"Oh my God Alfie what the hell did you do? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thats what I wanted to tell you. I have a boyfriend, and I invited him over. Mom caught us cuddling."

"You're gay?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, congratulations I think? Who's the lucky guy?"

"His names Arthur Kirkland, he's new to the school. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you were safe. Where are you staying?"

"I'm staying at Gilbert's house, and I suppose I technically live there now. And I suppose you're staying at Arthur's?"

Arthur walked in with a sandwich. Just what I wanted. Maybe he can read my mind. I waved at him and pointed to my phone. He nodded and sat the platter on the nightstand and he laid down next to me.

"Yeah, in fact, he's right next to me. Do you want to talk to him?"

"Can I?"

"Mmhm, here he is."

I handed the phone to Arthur, whose green eyes were wide. He hesitantly took my phone and pressed it to his ear.

"Hi, this is Matthew I presume. Pleasure to meet you."

I smiled. He's so polite. I could hear my brother talking on the other end of the line.

"Yes, and you must be Arthur. I just wanted to say thank you for looking after my brother. It means a lot."

"You're very welcome. I'm happy to have him here."

"Um, just one question... do you love him?"

"Of course. I love him very much."

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Good. Take care, both of you."

"You too."

He said and hung up the phone, handing it back to me. I put in in my pocket and Arthur helped me sit up. He gave me my sandwich and I gobbled it down.

"Thanks Artie~"

He flashed me a big smile.

"Anything for you. Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, just not a scary movie though."

I shuddered at the thought. He nodded. He helped me under the blankets and grabbed the remote, slipping in next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and watched as he scrolled through some movies. We finally settled on a classic, the Titanic.

We snuggled up to each other underneath the warm blankets, and what can I say, it was perfect. When the credits rolled, I decided it would be a perfect time to crack a joke, even though it wasn't really a joke. I turned towards Arthur and leaned my face closer to his, gazing into his eyes. I tried to keep a straight face, and hallelujah, it worked.

"Never let go Jack!"

He stared at me for a second and then burst into a fit of laughter. He held his chest and flailed his legs around. I tried my best to dodge him. He calmed down a bit and looked at me again.

"I'll never let go."

He fell of the bed, pretending to drift to the bottom of the ocean. I looked over the edge of his bed to check if he was alright, which of course he was.

I was suddenly feeling a lot better.

---

What a sucky way to end a chapter. We had a 2-hour delay today. WOOHOO and I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. The next chapter will be better, I promise. I'm also going to write a GerIta one shot so keep an eye out for that.

~amanda-chan XD